Chapter 49

TW: Structured violence

Luna paces the Training centre nervously, her attention firmly on the front doors. Any second now, Namjoon will burst through those doors. She is beyond anxious, unsure of what she should expect from him when he enters. Is he going to be angry? Will he blame her for Vanilla's death?

He called earlier to let her know he has arrived in Korea, and she told him everything that has happened while he was flying.

The police had arrived not long after Luna fled with Snow. Sadly, Jungkook was not apprehended during this. They did collect all of the restrained followers of The Eye, but they didn't get any useful information from them. None of them will be able to reform with Luna, so prison is all that's left for them. Taehyung will prosecute some of them later on in the week.

"Faith..." Taehyung sighs, "Come sit down,"

She looks towards him, spotting him sitting on a mat nearby with Yoongi. They are watching her pace the room silently as if waiting for her to have a nervous breakdown.

She pouts, moving towards them. Her legs are killing her, aching from the continuous movement. She has had trouble sleeping ever since Namjoon first called her, spending most of her time biting her nails and nervously pacing whatever room she is in.

Just as she is about to sit down with them, she hears the doors open. She spins around, spotting Namjoon waltzing into the room, a small suitcase in one hand and two men behind him.

His eyes land on her, a smile slowly stretching across his face.

"Faith," He sighs, moving towards her, "I'm here,"

She rushes forward and hugs him, still feeling nervous.

"I'm sorry," She murmurs, stepping away, "I should have just shot him..."

"It's okay, we'll deal with it," He replies, "We need to call him,"

Luna nods, looking at Taehyung and Yoongi. Namjoon follows her gaze, smiling kindly at them.

"Suga, V," He waves, "Want to join us in the office?"

Taehyung and Yoongi look at each other, confused by the suggestion. They return their attention to Namjoon, nodding slowly.

They slowly get to their feet as Namjoon and Luna move towards her office. Namjoon tells his men to go do something, leaving them alone.

Well, they're not completely alone. The Training centre in the basement has teachers and students already living there. This makes organising these things easier but also means they have to use their Reaper names more frequently.

Yoongi and Taehyung follow them into the office, Namjoon closing the door behind them.

"Right," Namjoon sighs, pulling out his phone as he sits beside Taehyung and Yoongi, Luna behind the desk, "Let's call this asshole,"

"Do you want us to say anything...?" Taehyung asks hesitantly.

"No, stay silent during the call," Namjoon says firmly, "I just want you in the loop,"

They nod, watching as Namjoon calls Jungkook.

It doesn't take long for Jungkook to answer, chuckling before he even speaks.