Chapter 23

"I could never hate you," He smiles, "I promise,"

"Fucking liar," Luna frowns, aggressively packing her laptop bag for the day. Taehyung has been avidly avoiding her, which is infuriating her even more. How did all of this become so complicated?

First, she tells him about her past and Jungkook stabs him. Then, after processing this information he decides he doesn't want to date a killer. Two weeks later he finally returns to university and says he regrets breaking up with her. She just wants to stay friends, so he doesn't get hurt again, only for him to flirt with her. The cherry on top is his belief that she can't become a lawyer because she is a reformed criminal.

She is honestly not surprised that he said that in the hospital, but to double down on it after she said it hurt was too much for her.

But that's not all.

He then follows this up by trying to talk to her about it so he can explain his realistic and firm reasoning for this belief, only to then proceed to ignore her and avoid her for over a week. She doesn't even know why he was so firm with this opinion. Now she is the one trying to corner him so they can talk.

How did it get like this?

This crazy rollercoaster of events and emotions is driving her insane. But, on the plus side, it's the last week of term. She has one more assessment to hand in and two exams this week. That also leaves her with a lot of extra time. She doesn't have to attend the classes that are finished for the term, giving her little study periods between her last 3 classes. She has been focusing on them mostly. But, she has today and tomorrow to do all this, then it is holiday time.

She finishes collecting her things and heads out into the living room, finding Jimin sitting uncomfortably at the kitchen bench. He must have already had breakfast waiting for her. He tenses as soon as she enters, avoiding eye contact with her. But this isn't new. He has been like this ever since last week. He does look like he's getting more and more nervous as the term slowly comes to an end, but that might be exam nerves. She has been meaning to ask him about it, but she has been stressed and busy.

"Good morning," Luna smiles, "Nervous?"

Jimin looks up, suddenly startled by her words.

"Nervous? Huh? Why would I be nervous?" He laughs awkwardly, sliding off the stool and moving towards the foyer, "Anyway, you ready to go?"

Luna cocks her eyebrow and folds her arms, looking him up and down. This seems to make him more nervous as he continues to avoid eye contact.

"Why are you acting like that? I thought you were nervous because of exams," She mutters. His eyes widen as he starts chuckling maniacally.

"Oh! Ha! Of course! Exams!" He continues to laugh, "Yes, that's right, I have so many exams today,"

"Right," She frowns, "But I thought hospitality finished their exams last week?"

"Huh?" He blinks, his mind reeling, "Did we?"

"I don't know, shouldn't you know that?" She smirks, moving towards him. He gulps, his eyes darting everywhere.

"Yeah, I have one more left," He mumbles.

"Jimin, what are you not telling me?" She asks firmly.

"What? I don't know what you're talking about," He clears his throat, "Anyway, let's go to school,"