Chapter 30

Luna and Taehyung walk into the police station together, heading to the elevator. Once they are in the elevator, Taehyung slides his hand into hers, giving it a little squeeze of reassurance.

He has no idea why she is so stressed today, but he hopes to comfort her.

Luna is stressing about trying to convince Yoongi to let Taehyung join in the investigation. He will have an insight into the legal systems and procedures that Luna and Yoongi don't have. She also doesn't like hiding things from him.

The elevator stops and she steps out, pausing to smile and wave at him. He blows her a kiss as the doors close between them. She giggles at his playfulness and heads to her desk, ready for the busy day she is going to have.

She still has all two open cases to work on, one of which is the unsolvable murder. She just simply hopes Yoongi has spoken to Seokjin, so he doesn't pass her any more cases, and Yoongi understands her need to finish these before working with him in the mafia task force.

"Briefing," Mr Lee calls out, gesturing to the meeting room.

Luna heads straight there and sits in her usual seat. Yoongi slides in beside her, looking stressed and grim. She can't ask him what's going on, but she is sure it has something to do with The Eye.

"Settle down," Seokjin calls out as he enters, grabbing everyone's attention.

He goes through the usual spiel of events and community organisations before starting on the cases. He does not pass one to Luna, but he does assign another case to Yoongi.

Once he is finished, he dismisses the room, waiting patiently at the podium, his eyes on Luna.

She gulps, waiting for her reprimanding.

She was meant to start her anger management class yesterday, but she forgot all about it when she was working with Yoongi. Is she going to lose her job?

"Detective Lee Luna," Seokjin annunciates as she reaches him, "My office, now,"

"Yes sir," Luna mumbles, glancing at Yoongi. He gives her a small smile of reassurance, watching her as she follows Seokjin out of the meeting room and to his office.

She stands solemnly in his office, waiting as he moves around his desk, sits down, and gets comfortable. After a brief moment, he gestures for her to sit. She does as she is told, her head hung in shame.

"Lee Luna, your anger management course started yesterday," He mutters, "It's mandated you know, not optional,"

"I'm really sorry, Mr Kim," Luna mumbles, not looking up, "I was with Yoongi, and I lost track of time... I still have my other cases and he has..."

"Luna," He sighs, "Look at me,"

Slowly, she raises her head to look at him. Instead of anger, or disappointment, she finds humour in his expression. She frowns as he starts laughing.

"It's okay, I told Yoongi to seek you for support in his task force," Seokjin grins, "I already cancelled your anger management course, which is why they didn't call you,"

"Ah, I see," Luna shuffles uncomfortably, "Then... why...?"

She wants to ask why he has led her to believe she is in trouble, but she doesn't want to wipe the smile from his face.