Chapter 37: This Love

Jason:

Make Me Wanna Die by
The Pretty Reckless

Everyone in the hallway gasp. So do I. What in the actual fuck?

There she comes, with chopped hair, rings on her fingers, bold shade of lipstick and strong perfume. Queen did a comeback!

"Holy fuck?", Sinjini whispers to us. Sebastian is proudly clapping for his bestfriend. He runs towards her and engulfs her.

"Ain't that's how you break their faces?", Sebastian says to her breaking the hug. Sohini looks down, smiling. That's definitely not a smile.

She looks at Sebastian. "The shit is about to happen. I'll take vengeance, baby", she winks.

"LORD, SOH!!", Sinjini paces towards her as she kisses her cheeks. In these all, I feel left out. So I turn around to walk away but someone calls my name.

"Jason Style!". I turn around to look and my heart beats fast. I knew who it was before turning around. Who does even call me by my full name? I softly smile at her. "Are you going to ignore me?".

Absolutely not, honey. I'd die for you.

"Why the fuck I'll pay attention to a racoon dog?". Sohini rolls her eyes and Sinjini laughs.

"Ayo? What racoon? See", Sebastian rubs her back. "She came back stronger and harder".

"Of course. It's not over until I win", Sohini replies.

"Hey guys, I've classes. See ya", Sinjini waves at us as she leaves. Sebastian looks at me.

"I guess you guys need to-"

"It's okay", I smile. "I'm going uh- I have something to find in the library". I walk away ignoring Sohini. Although it's hard. It's hard for me for not able to be with her in her tough times and make her feel that I actually care for her and will never leave her.

I actually go to a library, pick a random book and sit. But I'm thinking of her only. Inspite of coming back stronger and bolder, she seems still weak. I have seen that her eyes were swollen. She's mentally devastated. But it's still okay. I want Shayla and Tessa to see that.

.

.

.

.

Three classes passed and one's going on and no eye contacts till now. No spark between us. Just silently listening to the teacher. I can't help but stare at her all time and Sebastian keeps saying, "go talk to her".

How? I'm so scared.

Finally, it's the break period. Sohini is sitting on a seat on the field, staring at her lap. I go and sit near her.

"Hey, Queen".

"Ew", She doesn't make a eye contact with me.