Chapter 2: The Boy in Corner

Sohini:

It's 9pm and I'm sitting on my bed going through all the chats. It's an unknown number and it seems that it doesn't belong to this country.

I'm shaking while reading all the chats. It all started from yesterday with dirty edits of chat of mine. It shows that I'm sexting with a boy and the screen record clearly shows that it's my number, my account. The anonymous person sent some edits of mine where I'm standing with bikini and there's a lot of boys beside me. It portrays me like a whore. Whoever edited this, is surely a genius and has lot of photos of mine.

I lay on my bed, staring at the celling. What did I do? Why people hate me so much? That stupid boy Jason said that I was doing melodrama. But believe me, I wasn't. I never felt this way before. I don't want my mother to know this.

I curl up like a ball on my bed, letting my tears fall. My heart's aching so bad that I can't even breathe properly. Maybe I'm dying dead from inside. In this cases, I always apply two methods.

1. Read novels or study
2. Taylor's songs

Guess what? I'm going to apply them both. So I take a book from my bookshelf and put on my headphones and blast Taylor's song.

They tryna put me down? I'm gonna burn them down in hell.

.

.

.

.

I quickly put the toast inside my mouth and try to shallow it.

"Eat slowly, Rimi", Mom says, frowning.

"It's okay", I reply while chewing. Maybe she doesn't get what I said. Quickly, I take my bag and get up on the bus.

not again those darn eyes.

Suddenly I forgot that they're not so kind to me now as they used to be before. I go closer to where I seat usually. But to my utter astonishment, I saw there a chewing gum. I clutch my bag.

"Who did this?", I say, gritting my teeth. "I ASKED WHO DID THIS".

The teacher hushes me. "It's not like you've to sit there only. Right, Acharya? Sit somewhere else".

"There's no other seat-"

"Then keep standing, bitch", a girl speaks loudly as all of the students on the bus laugh.

No way. No way you'll stand up like that and hurt your legs and they'll enjoy. I take out my notebook and tear a page. I cup the chewing gum with the help of the page and throw it outside. I sit there only, fighting back my tears.

They become silent all of sudden. Yes, I know because I won and they lost. I have been wining like that always. Nothing can change my decision. I take a deep breath as I close my eyes and rest my head on the closed window.

.

.

.

.

"Today's the investigation day, guys!", Tessa says. "I've found the person who added the unknown number. It's the admin only. Nobody knows who he's! We have to find out that by asking everyone. Got it?"