Chapter 31: Narcissism

Sohini:

I clear my throat after waking up. I have an irritation in my throat. Probably because I drenched in the rain yesterday. It's okay. A chai will fix it.

I come downstairs  just for chai and biscuit. The best combination. I see my brother sitting on the couch, drinking chai only. He rolls his eyes at me as he completely ignores my existence. I sit beside him as I rub my hands together.

"Morning", I wish him.

"What you want?", He replies, curtly.

"Uhm, nothing I just-", I take a deep breath. "Why are you still angry on me? Is it because I'm dating someone? Don't do this to me man-"

"No. That's not the thing. You didn't tell me. You didn't tell your brother. I was so disappointed".

"Oh. I'm sorry. I thought you'd hate me and never talk to me again. I'm telling you now. I'm dating him. Jason Style". I hate saying this.

He smiles. "Huh. I knew it. He was the first boy you talked about to us. I knew it, Tom".

I try to smile. "Where's mom?".

"Huh. Dad and mom fought again. She's probably crying inside her room. Your tea is inside the micro oven". I nod at him as I take my chai and sit beside him. I talk for a while with him and suddenly I realise I've got SCHOOL.

I come downstairs after wearing my uniform, leaving my hair open. I see mom in the entrance hall. "Mom I'm leaving-".

"I wish you get crashed under a car or something and die!", She yells. Uff, AGAIN.

"Mom, I know it's about dad-"

"IT'S ABOUT EVERYONE. I HATE ALL OF YOU.."

There she goes. I don't know how many times I'll have to listen to her same old dialogues and the story of my parents which is never going to get fixed.

.

.

.

.

.

I'm LATE. When my mom starts to yell, she just doesn't stop. From where she gets that much of energy? I don't know.

I run to my classroom as I bump with someone. I look at him. Oh shit. My heart beats fast. He looks at me with blank expression. "Hey", he speaks first. Oh.

"Yeah-", I sneeze and he chuckles.

"I'm sorry for last night. I didn't know you'd catch cold".

"No it's okay. I'm fine", I assure him.

"So", he leans forward. "How does it feel to kiss your best enemy, darling?". My cheeks get red again. I look away.

"I don't know what you're talking about-", I hesitate.

"Oh? Yeah, I don't know. But you know very well that it's the first time you willingly kissed me", he smirks. Oh yeah. Right. All of our kisses happened just because Jason forced me. Shit.