Chapter 28: Mhm, Soh?

Sohini:

That was embarassing as fuck. I still can't get that shit out of my head. Had he seen anything? But we did make eye contact. UH-

"Are you listening?", Sinjini jerks me and I come out of my thoughts. I raise my eyebrows at her as I nod.

"I called you here because I couldn't say all the things on call. Moreover, everyone gathers around me in school and you stay busy with Shayla. Besties afterall-", she stops when I give her my death glare. She knows very well that Shayla and I, we don't vibe well together now. She smiles. "Don't give me that look, just listen to me. Mom isn't here too. That's why I called you. Now you've to listen the whole thing".

"Say-", I look at the door when I hear knocking sound. I look at Sinjini. She twitches her lips as she goes and opens the door.

Ron enters into the room, looking at me. My cheeks get red when I realise that I'm literally in shorts and he can see my bare thighs. "My charger", he expands his hand towards Sinjini. She opens her drawer and hands it to him.

"Why did you put that here?", He asks, frowning, slightly rude way. I have never seen him smiling widely or talking softly. Sinjini grins at me but she chooses not to reply. Ron offers her a suspicious look and walks to the door. He stops to glance at me and does a double take. He stares still at me and again frowns at Sinjini. She is still grinning, squinting her eyes. Ron lays his eyes again on me and smiles slightly before going.

Sinjini sits on the bed. "What was that, huh?", I ask.

"Actually..", she pauses and i wait for her to spill the truth. "The clothes you are wearing , are his". I widen my eyes and I clutch the tshirt and sniff.

"No wonder why it's smelling so good-", I gape at her. "You bitch- why would you do that!", I yell. "You could've given me your clothes!"

"Calm down, calm down. Uh- you wouldn't like my dresses and-"

"WHO SAID?"

"Uh- it's okay nah?", She laughs. "And don't lie, you also like wearing it".

I blush. Shit. I smile bashfully. "Shut up", I throw a pillow at her but she catches it.

"We can talk about it later too. Now listen to me". And then she starts.

Sinjini:

After the game, I reach to Ryle who was talking with his friends. He looked at me but he didn't smile. I smiled first.

"Congratulations. You won!", I hugged him. He didn't hug me back. I stared at him surprisingly.

His phone started to rang. He spoke, "Yes. Thanks. Oh. Really? Yes. Cool. I'll text you. Bye". I noticed his flushed cheeks. I crossed my arms around my chest.

"Care to give me some time, Ryle?".

He looked at me being irritated. "What? You come to me when you see me shining and not when I stay in the dark. Can you please go and hold the fucking hands of your boyfriends and kiss them on street?".

I got angry real quick but I stayed calm. "You're again on that topic. It's me apologizing to you for the two thousand and thirty six times. You're being stubborn. Please".