And boy, does the landing hurt.

You sort of just lay there as you're now one with the cold, hard ground.

I'm done, you decide pathetically while staring up at the snow flakes falling from the gray sky onto your face. I'm not getting up. Someone's gonna have to roll me to Hyunjin. Or roll me back home.

Promptly following your fall is an airy laughter that escapes the darn soul you had bumped into. A person stands above you, watching your splayed form with an amused look to him.

Is this jerk... laughing?

"That's no place to lie down," he goes onto say with a personable grin. He offers a helping hand and you stare at it sorely unimpressed. You highly consider telling the guy to just leave you here and go about his merry way.

But pushing your dramatic internal woes aside, you take the stranger's hand and he smoothly hoists you back up onto your feet.

You wince rubbing the back of your head. Ow. "Thanks," you mutter, now moving to brush the snow from your behind. "Sorry, I wasn't paying attention earlier-"

You stop talking to stare at the young man who's probably not a whole lot older than you. And his charming ass sure looks familiar now that you're seeing him upright.

The distinct grin never leaves his face and you notice it makes the corners of his lips curl up, just like a cat's. His facial features are sharp, maybe even comparable to Hyunjin's.

Oh.

You stand straighter as realization suddenly occurs.

"You're... Hyunjin's friend," you slowly recall as the face in front of you jogs your memories. "You were at the campus Halloween party."

It was the briefest encounter you and your friends had with him that night before he ended up disappearing into the crowd. Gosh, what was his name again?

"That's right. We met that night," he acknowledges with an unusual glint in his eye. "Nice of you to bump into me," he jests.

You manage a forced smile that probably resembles more of a grimace. "It was an accident," you mumble awkwardly. "I'm sorry, I didn't catch your name last time..."

"It's Minho."

◈ ◈ ◈

Needless to say, Hyunjin appears completely caught off guard seeing you walk into the cafe with Minho beside you. As you head closer to the table he's waiting at, you notice he's locked eyes with the boy you came in with.

Hyunjin seems tense, his expression hardening as he stands up from his chair in a rather hostile manner. It's not the kind of reaction you expected from someone seeing his friend and it genuinely confuses you. You glance up at Minho who appears more neutral, but he's not exactly giving off a friendly vibe either.

You clear your throat hoping to diffuse some of the bizarre tension between them. "Sorry I'm late, I ran into him on my way here," you begin explaining and Hyunjin furrows his brows. "Um... I asked Minho to join us for a bit, since you guys are friends."

But you now wonder if this was not a good idea.

"Hyunjin-ah, how have you been?" Minho asks while helping himself into a seat across from his friend. "Sit down, you look kind of pale."

Hyunjin remains silent and he looks over at you with what you deem to be concern flickering across his face.

"Hyunjin, is everything okay? Um... should I go?" you offer unsurely. "If you guys need to talk..."

Minho then reaches over for your hand and pulls you closer to the table. He gestures for you to sit next to him. "Nonsense. Sit down, both of you."

His tone is demanding and it honestly takes you by surprise. But you politely pull your hand from his grasp before walking over to occupy the seat next to Hyunjin instead. Not to be rude or anything but you didn't know Minho. You felt more comfortable being at Hyunjin's side.

"Are you okay?" you ask the onyx haired boy again worriedly.

He slowly sits back down and gently takes a hold of your hand, squeezing it as if to reassure you. Your stomach does a little flip when he gives you the barest hint of a smile before turning his focus back onto Minho.

Hyunjin's voice is strained when he finally speaks. "Hyung, what are you doing around here?"

"So nosy." Minho hums. "I'm out shopping for a new air fryer if you must know. Heard there's a department store here that sells some of the best kitchen appliances."

You blink watching Minho's smile widen as he talks. His eyes are sharp, resembling that of a feline's and it gives him a rather cunning image. Your intuition yells at you that something is amiss here; Minho was clearly making Hyunjin uncomfortable.

Unsure of what's going on between them, you decide to insert yourself into the conversation. "Actually, the closest department store is in the next town over-"

"You," Minho sharply interrupts as he suddenly pivots his full attention to where you're sitting. "I know who you really are."

You raise your brows at his comment, puzzled.

"Hyung," Hyunjin says darkly, his shoulders stiffening. He's glowering at Minho at this point but the latter pays no mind to the obvious scowl on the younger boy's face.

"Hiram Pharmaceuticals," Minho states.

Your lips part in surprise. It's been a while since you've heard someone mention that name out loud.

"You're the sole daughter of Hiram's CEO, am I correct?" Minho says, further sending you into a state of stupor.

"How... how do you know that..." You can barely get your question out, too appalled by this stranger's knowledge of you that only your closest friends knew about.

"Because." Minho's smile completely drops as he continues on without missing a beat, "You're the reason why my sister is dead."

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  ◈ ◈ ◈  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

a/n: s-class hyunlix <33

⤠ a/n: s-class hyunlix <33

blue haired felix tho