S3 Chapter 12: A Metarex Melee

Start from the beginning

A voice came from a big red ship.

Red Pine: Attention, intruders. Make no effort to escape. I am Red Pine. I, and my four commanders, serve the all-powerful Dark Oak.

Tails: Great. There's four more of 'em?

Red Pine: In your foolish effort to undermine our mission, you have played it directly into our leader's hands. In fact, he wishes to express his gratitude for bringing him the Chaos Emeralds. Thanks to you all, we won't have to blindly scour the galaxy. We don't know how to thank you. Perhaps we'll just destroy you.

Rouge: Just try it, you overgrown junkyard!

Eggman: What are you waiting for, Shadow? Move it, or lose it! A genius like me can't afford to dawdle with danger!

Eggman contacted his ship where Bokkun was.

Eggman: Start ignition and begin Egg ascension on the double.

Bokkun: Yes, sir. Right away.

Knuckles: Wait, just a minute!

Eggman: You wait! I'm not about to let those metallic mutants maim me. See ya!

Eggman flew away, but Knuckles was able to jump back on the X-Tornado.

Knuckles: Hey, come back! Now what? I don't even know how to fly this stupid thing.

Shadow: I have to get back to the doctor.

Rouge: No way. I'm not leaving here empty-handed.

Chris: Shadow!

Chris ran after Shadow, but got a call from Amy.

Amy: Chris, do you read me?

Chris: Amy, what's wrong?

Amy: Please help! They're gonna hurt Sonic and Star.

Chris: The Metarex!

Sonic and Star punched down a bunch of Metarex, but they kept getting up.

Amy: Don't you worry, Sonic. I got your back!

Amy got in her plane and shot lasers at the Metarex.

Amy: Eat this, metacreeps!

This went on for a bit until the Metarex jumped on her plane.

Amy: Hey, what do you creepos think you're doing? Get off of my ship!

Cosmo: Oh, no! Amy! Maybe the code I deciphered...

She put in the code in some sort of keypad and that opened up the pods that were holding the Chaos Emeralds. But then the Planet Egg got put in a ball and disappeared.

With Knuckles.

Knuckles: Where is that start button. Maybe... That's not it. Aw, where's that geek Tails when you need him?

The dropping Planet Egg fell beside Knuckles. Outside the Metarex's ships were blasting lasers at the fortress.

Tails: Laser Shield! Hurry, Cream.

Cream: Laser Shield activated.

The shield was put up blocking the lasers.

Cream: How long do you think we can hold them back?

Spark: Something tells me not long.

Tails: Even with the shield up, the Typhoon can't withstand this kind of attack for long.

Chris' group was running through the fortress.

Chris: Shadow, wait! Why can't we find a way out of here together?