loved you from the start, kisses

word count. 1.3k
2005
"Fuck," Baji groaned, leaving the lighted up main street. He groaned, infuriated, the light of the streets now gone as he makes it to an alleyway. "I'm so fucking dumb-" interrupted by a group of drunks wads.

"Watch where ya goinn," one shouted, facing the delinquent. "Yeahhhh...ya tryna start a fightt?" The other slurred. Baji was definitely not cut out for this right now, so instead of initiating, he just walked off.

That would've been the end of it but the third drunken man pulled him back by his shoulder. Keisuke gritted his teeth, "Fuck off." The final warning, but the others pushed him.

-------------------------

Baji's hands were still beating the shit out of the unconscious man. If he kept going, he'd probably kill him. Baji left the scene unscathed, his bloody knuckles in the pockets of his hoodie, walking out of the alleyway as if nothing happened.

He finds himself on the street where his apartment is. Keisuke opens the door to his room, his mom on the couch that fell asleep while watching a movie. He couldn't tell what movie it was but, he closed the tv, pulling his mom's blanket over her properly, giving a kiss on her forehead.

He walks into the bathroom, washing off his knuckles that stung like hell under the cold running water. He leans over the sink to grab some bandages that were stored in the cabinet behind the mirror.

Baji threw away the bloody tissues, washing his face. He started to wrap his hands, wincing at the pressure applied on his wounds. He throws away the wrapping, leaving the bathroom.

He falls into the bed, his stress leaving him. Was it the comfort of his bed? Or was it that he was able to beat up some men that released his pent up anger. Baji opens his phone, the bright light shining on his face, clicking on Chifuyu's contact.

'Chifuyu'
'Chifuyu Matsuno'
'Matsuno' -b

'hey baji' -c

'I fucked up' -b

'kissed her with tongue? 💀' -c

'the fuk?? No'
'I pussied out n shit'
'I ditched her n i feel bad yk' -b

There was a long pause.

'YOU WAHT?!!'
'NO WAY DUDE WE PREPARED FOR THIS'
-c

'FUCK IDK U CANR SAY SHIT'
'CAN'T*'
'UR TOO PUSSY TO BE NEAR GIRLS' -b

'ok🤷‍♂️‼️🤯🙏 '
'But still, whacha gonna do now?' -c

'I dunno u tell me' -b

'URE THE ONE WHO DITCHED HER?' -C

'UHHH IM NERVOUS YK‼️' -b

'How abt u text her rn n like take her to a park'
'live that kdrama life n shit' -c

'ur sp fucking corny'
'wtv ill do it👍' -b

'trust trust' -c

Baji left his room again, putting on a puffer jacket, leaving his apartment. His steps are slow, figuring out what to say. By the time he got his first sentence, he was already at your doorstep.

"Wait what the-" Baji muttered, definitely not realising he was ringing your door bell already. He heard the door open, realising it was you, his face became red, "Y/n, I-"

"Keisuke...?" You stuttered, surprised that he came back to you. "What are you doing here?"
Baji gulps down his saliva, "I uh, we need to talk."

"Alright, should I change?" You said, still only a little upset that he left you. "No, unless you're cold."

"Nah, i'm not," you sighed, closing the door behind you. You were wearing a baggy shirt underneath some jacket with shorts. Definitely not the best choice for bottoms during the winter but you know...

He walks with you in silence, the two of you not wanting to say a word, till.. "y/n." You look at him, "yeah?"

"I'm sorry, I got nervous with you," he groans.
"Nervous?"

"Yeah, i should be tellin' you this first, so uh...." Baji kept getting too flustered and pathetically trying to get you out of his mind.

"Nah, it's fine, I get you, it's a little quiet when you're only hanging out with one friend!" You laugh, reassuring him.

'No, it's not like that,' was what Baji wanted to say.

"Yeah," he fiddles with his hands, his fists clenching then unclenching. You focus on how he's getting more fidgety so you take his hand in yours.

Baji could've died being held like this by you, hand in hand. You know, that's probably the best way he wants to go out. "Sorry, you seemed anxious, you alright Keisuke?" You ask.

"Y-yeah, all good," Baji's body was tensed, yet he held a serious but soft glare at both of your hands.

-------------------------

The two of you make it to a park nearby the festival. There are quite a few decorations, a lot of lights brightening the park. You bounce up and down, letting go of his hand, smiling.
"DUDE, LOOK HOW PRETTY THIS IS!!" You grin, walking ahead of him.

He stops, admiring the girl in front of him, he smiles at you. As you turn around, he continues, making sure he didn't get caught in his little daze.

"There should be another firework show, y/n." Baji says, both of you finding yourselves in the same park where he nearly pushed you off of the swing. The large playground with two swings, and a very lighted up by fairy lights playground.

You were on the swing and he was leaning against the large playground set, the very long plastic slide. The slide looks to be around 15metres in length, curving in the middle.

You hop off to attempt to scare the man who's glaring off at the festival. He sees you, "don't do it y/n."

"You're no fun." You sigh, standing by the man who was resting.

You heard a firework go off, then a few others. It's time, he thinks to himself. "Y/n."

"Yeah?"

He puts his palm on the side of your face, brushing your hair to the side. You start to heat up. "Baji-"

"Y/n, you've made me go crazy," he sighs, still smiling.

"Baji, what are you talking about?"

"You've made me go crazy over you, it was you from the start."
"You're so stupid, yet i'm more stupid than you."
"Your admiration for the night sky, for cats, for little shit that people take for granted, i..."

"I loved you from the start, y/n."
"Ever since I bumped into your ass, ever since we started to make snarky comments to each other, ever since you hated me, i loved you"

"Keisuke-"

"Fuck, i don't care how corny I sound y/n, but I never meant to make you cry, i'm so sorry y/n."
"And, I don't expect you to like me back, I was an asshole to you, but, this has been killing me,"

"I'm sorry,"

You smile, "Keisuke."

The fireworks are still going, but are ignored by the both of you. "I'm glad, don't be sorry dummy."

"Huh?"

"You've liked me since the start?"

"Yeah." He says.

"I'm sorry for keeping you waiting."

You take his hand, placing it on your waist. You then wrap your arms around the flustered idiot's neck, kissing him. Keisuke didn't react at first, but something in him told him not to freak out, or just yet. So he started to kiss you back, more passionately, tightening his grip around your waist.

You wanted to be like this forever, in his arms, kissing the man you love.

You moan into the kiss, then pulled away. Fuck, did your first kiss feel heavenly? When Baji pulled back, he seemed to be out of breath, chuckling. Your hands were still around his neck, moving them to play with his hair.

"You're very much forgiven, Y/n."