injuries and consequences

word count. 1.2k
2005
It's been a week, every toman meeting had you miserable. You tried hard, you didn't want to talk to him..nor look at him. He didn't want anything to do with you anyways, so uh feelings mutual???

It hurts though, it definitely hurt when you ignored each other, that would've been your dream two months ago though. You texted a few people about it, apparently not even Baji himself told them. You only knew that he regretted what he's done to you, but honestly? If he were really sorry, he'd tell you himself instead of getting Draken and Chifuyu to. Hanging out with Toman was awkward as fuck.

He'd be with everyone and you'd try to ignore his presence, sounds very much familiar.. It was uncomfortable for the two of you to be with each other. Might as well break the friendship off. After a week though, you kind of forgot about it, no, you tried to forget about it.

To Baji, you looked like you moved on, like you were trying to erase him from your mind. Now, the thing is, Baji acts his emotions out with violence, getting more snarky, getting into more fights . Hell, Baji would never admit that he went crazy without you. Whenever he's out with his friends and they mention anything that remotely reminds him of you made him go insane. He needed you so badly, if he wasn't mad at himself he would've marched up to your house just for you.

He wanted, no he needed you. He was lost without you, he couldn't bare to see you "move on", he felt like an asshole. He's just been getting no sleep, his injuries untreated. If you told him that he wouldn't be able to sleep properly without the reassurance of you there for him a month or two ago, he would've laughed, then punched you.

————————————————————————

It's now night, he's outside fighting a gang by himself. It was only a small one, though he had no will to. He was tired, he didn't want to deal with his injuries by himself anymore. He loved you, he loved you so much. He noticed there was a man behind him with a knife, another with a bat.

He swung at the last member, throwing them against a pole before turning around to meet them. God he's a dumbass...

He just let them, he was too tired. Thinking he'd die right then and there, what a selfish act. What? That he'd get himself killed for this?The men who were beat up ran away, he was found by some people who passed by. They called the police for the Baji.

————————————————————————

He made it, now he's in the hospital. It's 11:28pm when you received a text from Mitsuya.

'Y/n' - m

You were scrolling through some app before hearing the notification. Mitsuya texted you at a late hour, not like that wasn't out of the ordinary but still pretty late.

'Hi takashi'

'Fuck did u hear what happened?' -m

'No??? Why?'

'Mikey's been texting you none stop' -m

You forgot you muted Mikey's notifications, cunt would spam you with random shit. Checking your messages you see 15+ notifications.

'Shit sorry'
'Ill check rn'

You saw Manjiro's texts, making you part your lip, your body now shivering.

'Y/n'
'Y/n'
'Y/n'
'Please pick up'
*miss call from Mikey*
'Y/n'
'Y/n'
'I know youre not asleep rn'
*2 miss calls from Mikey*
'Please Y/n'
'Baji's in the hospital rn'
'Im gonna check on him with Ken'
'Y/n u should visit too'
'Y/n'
'Y/n'
'Y/n'
'He's been badly wounded'
'Shit ill brb' -M

Your eyes widened, he's what? Fuck, you didn't care anymore, you texted Chifuyu asking if he's heard the news. Chifuyu said that he's there right now, Baji's awake but he's not Baji, if you get it. He wasn't showing his proud signature grin, knowing that he won something. No, he was barely responsive, like he's been muted.

Your house wasn't far from the hospital, it was pretty close. You chucked your sneakers on and ran out the house, screaming at your parents that you'll be right back. You left them confused, trying to chase after you but you then said you're going to the hospital.

The run felt like ages, you ran quickly yet, it took forever. The burden in your heart after him nearly dying and you ended your friendship like that scared you. 10 minutes later, you ran into the entrance, checking the text you sent Mitsuya.

'Which floor?'

'floor 3' -m

You didn't take the elevator and ran straight up the stairs, nearly bumping into nurses and doctors on the way. You see some familiar faces by the door, you see Ms. Baji and Pah. "Is he?"

"Yeah." She said, as you walked in, there was a crowd surrounding him. You waited by the doorframe, making sure everyone's left till you get to talk to him one on one.  "Y/n," Draken whispers, noticing that you came.

"Hey, uh do you mind getting everyone out for now so I can talk with him?"

"Sure," he said, ushering everyone out of the room, the excuse being "let him rest for now."
Everyone left, glad that Baji's alive.

You then close the door behind you as the last person left, walking to Baji. He seemed to notice you were there but his eyes were focused on the glass pane that showed the city, your reflection being shown. "Keisuke," you teared up.

He finally looks at you, smiling, "i'm sorry, Y/n."
You didn't care, you finally hugged him, hugging his bandage torso, your face dug into his neck. Baji's head was bandaged, his arms too. He hugged you back weakly, feeling your tears wet his neck.

"What the fuck?" You sob, "why'd you..?"

"I was being reckless, mm' bad." He mutters.
"Listen y/n, i took you for granted, i'm sorry that I said that shit," he says, patting the space on his bed besides him so you can sit.

"You nearly died," you said, wiping your tears from your red face. Keisuke knew you were mad at him...

"I've been worried y/n."

Huh? He's what?

"Huh?" You questioned whether you were going delusional. "I..." just realising what he said, his face goes all flustered, finally acting like normal. "Go fuck yourself, y/n, you heard what I said," he groans, pushing you slightly, nearly knocking you off the hospital bed.

"Huh??? No i didn't," you joked, leaning against his chest.

"In all seriousness, i do though, thought you hated me for real."

"Who said I didn't?" You said, out of nowhere. Baji groans, "I swear i'm going to kill you this time y/n." You laugh, "Yeah whatever," you smile.

So uh, what are we gonna do now?

You wanna stay with him. Childish, but true.

"I'll leave, you might wanna take a break so uh bye." You awkwardly said, leaving his room, giving him a half wave goodbye.

Little did you know, he wanted you to stay too.