if only

word count.1.1k
2005
You were finally back in your room, your parents checking up on you. You told them you were fine, and meant it. Totally bored, you went to text someone. You groan, texting Chifuyu.
————————————————————————
"heishdidnd hii fuyu27271"

"hey y/nnnnjsjjx" -c

"I'm bored wnna hang or sum at mine?"

"yeahh ill see u in a bitt :))" -c

————————————————————————
Dude, you felt like you were gonna die of boredom, it's only 2pm, the meeting starts at 8pm. You might as-well hang with Chifuyu for now.

You and Chifuyu haven't talked lately, probably due to your old conflict with Baji. You wait till you hear a knock on your door, "come in!!"
You smile, hugging Chifuyu, "hey y/n!" He said, a little taken back.

"Heard what happened, i'm sorry."

"It's fine, uh....let's not bring it up anymore."

"Yeah yeah, my bad." Chifuyu says, patting your back.

"Hey y/n, what are you planning to do during the holidays?" He asks, sitting on your chair. "Uh, i dunno, you?"

"Prolly binge watch series, you should join me." Chifuyu smirks. "Should I??" You said, chuckling. You groan, rolling around in your bed as Chifuyu picks up a manga from your shelf.

You and Chifuyu became pretty close friends over the past year, you met him through Baji. At first, you stuck around him to make Baji mad, then ended up becoming friends. "Hey y/nnnn," he calls for your attention, whining.

"Huh????" You reply, still rolling around.

"Let's go out," Chifuyu says, gaining your attention stopping your rolling. "Where?" You ask, now excited.

"Uh, we have time for going to the mall right?" Chifuyu questions, standing up from your chair.
"Yeah!! I'm sure we do," you say smiling, "just give me a sec to get changed." He walks out of the room, you following a few minutes later.

"I'm craving some (food of choice) right now," You close the door behind the both of you. "Same, let's go to a restaurant before getting manga." He suggests, wanting to check if there's another NANA volume has released.

————————————————————————

You sit in-front of Chifuyu in the diner, feeding him a piece of your (food of choice) grinning. "See, mine's better, fuyu."

"Alright, yeah it is better," he rolls his eyes before stuffing your mouth with his food. Your cheeks are stuffed, a little hard to chew, Chifuyu's taking a photo of you. You look away, blushing a little as Chifuyu chuckles at his phone. "That's a keeper-"

"You think you're so funny don't you," you gulp down his food. The two of you finish and walk out the restaurant, heading for the bookstore. Both full, on the escalator heading for the third floor. "Hey Fuyu, uh...what manga does Baji like?"

"Why?"

"Oh uh...i'm just curious."

"He likes shonen manga," Chifuyu smiles.

"Cool.."drifting off, you thought of striking up a convo after the meeting with him. You like shonen too, honestly you prefer it over shoujo. Why were you gonna? Cause you wanna bond more, actually talk to him instead of insulting his greasy hair. "Let's go y/n!-"

He pulls you into the shop, heading for the manga section. You squat down, looking at the newest volumes while Chifuyu finally got the latest volume. "Y/nnnn look, it's finally out," he grins, holding the latest volume and another romance manga he wants to start.

You roll your eyes, grabbing your favourite manga's newest volume and another one for the funs of it. You didn't know what the manga was about but you heard Chifuyu talk about it.

He said that it was the greatest romance manga ever, so you just gave him a benefit of a doubt. Was it heavy? Honestly one of the thickest mangas you've ever seen."See, it'll be good." He smirks, seeing that you're going to buy it.

"Huh?", "Oh right," you say, smacking his head lightly with the manga before buying it.

The two of you walk out the mall at the entrance. "Hey, i'll see you at the meeting y/n," Chifuyu says on his phone, clicking on messages to send someone a photo. "Huh? Yeah, i'll read the manga you told me to get, let's talk about it after." You say, waving off to Chifuyu.

————————————————————————

You're finally home, on your bed, reading the romance manga. It's a really thick manga, costing you ($60 aud) and only has one book. You read the start, "seems like some rivals to lovers..." you laugh, trying your hardest not to flip to the back page to check.

While reading, you saw a panel that reminded you of the night you just had where the main love interest was with the main character. Both of them watching the milky way galaxy above them, you were jealous, light pollution being tough.

You could still see many stars though, you weren't complaining but, it's been your dreams to see a real night sky before. Whatever. 'Whenever I look at the night sky, i think of you, your love for the stars is unspoken of, " the main character's love interest spoke.

You can't help but squeal in your bed, rolling around like a little kid. You don't know what you like more about this manga, the cute lovey dovey parts or that it's based off of space. You gotta thank Chifuyu for this, no wonder why he recommended it to you.

'If we are galaxies away, I would travel at light speed just to see my star again,' you read as he confessed his love to the mc, "Someone better confess their love to me like this," you sigh, rolling onto your back blushing.

You envy shoujo manga scenes, they're so unrealistic yet they hold a standard for people. You think about the sky you and your sworn "rival" had watched last night, smiling at the thought of it.

The way he watched you, admire the stars, the tension between you two unnoticeable. He smiled at you, you smiled at him. You both were in the moment, exactly like how the characters were in the manga. He showed you something important to him, he showed you another side you thought ceased to exist.

But, you also showed him another side, a vulnerable side to you. Someone that not anyone knows of, not anyone that's here today anyways. You blush and the thought of the two of you and Baji on the rooftop. God it was cliché.

Now thinking about him, your heart starts to race, your face becomes more flushed. His stupid idiotic face, his strength, his love for things that are so precious. Seeing this other side to Baji...fucking makes you weak to your knees.