oblivious

word count. 1.1k
2005
You groan your face buried into the pillow. You don't know whether to feel mad, or fucking pathetic. It made you cringe how you could be thinking about him like this. Like you're in love with him or something. It's not like that's entirely wrong though.

Ever since the beach, you and him got somewhat closer, little interactions that were either filled with hate or just neutral helped your bond with him. Thinking about it, you dunno how Baji put up with your shits.

Keisuke helped you yesterday, for fuck sakes, the two of you even slept together. Not in the sex way but you two were cuddled up like two kittens. He even had you in his lap, comforting you. Fuck dude you even ran to him for comfort, hell next you admired his attributes.

Did it really come to this? Wanting Baji to hold you in his arms again? You were definitely touch starved, yet a touchy person. Now you're questioning what to feel about him. Did you have a crush on him? Were you just being dumb? Probably, since no one in their right minds would fall for someone they hate, right?

You feel your face with your hands, it was extremely warm. You stand up to go to your mirror, honestly expecting your face to be pretty red but still took you by surprise. God, this day had to be the longest one ever, (literally 287328 chapters on this).

You held your body in your arms, the way you want him to hold you. You've never had a crush like this before, this wasn't even "like", it was a case of love. You heard your phone ring, god you hoped this was all a dream and that was to wake you up.

"Y/n, i'll pick you up alright?" A voice was heard over your phone, a deep masculine one.

"Hhhhuh? Yeah sure uh..i'll be ready in 20 minutes." You say, your phone now against your ear.

"Yeah, uh see you." Baji ends the call, leaving you in a flustered overthinking mess. You slide off your pjs, putting your newly washed uniform on. You brush your hair, untangling it.

He's picking you up? Is it a sign of being genuine friends? What if you mess up and become a hot mess? No what if you let go of his motorcycle and die by falling off? Wait, what do you hold? His motorcycle? His waist?

You can't help but fall into the delusion as you heard a motorcycle pull up. Yet, that still didn't knock you out of it, until Baji knocked on your window. Your head quickly turns to the sound, unlocking it and opening the glass.

"I'll be down, just give me a sec." You grab your phone, leaving through the window.

"And you call me reckless, you're sneaking out dumbass," Baji laughs, your ass on the sill of the window. "Yeah, you didn't know i sneak out?"

You fall, catching yourself from the mediocre drop. "Alright, let's gooo!" You smile, unconsciously hooking your arm with his, catching Baji off guard.

"Y/n, aren't you like shit stained scared of riding motorcycles?" Baji asks, getting on.

Yeah true that, you hated them a lot. No, you hated the people who used it. You didn't believe that they drove safely, you only really trusted Mikey and Mitsuya but everyone else seemed like they've ran someone over before. "Uh yeah, but you know...it's fine." You sounded unsure of your answer.

"You know y/n, if you're too much of a pussy, or if ya feel sick just tell me, i'll pull over." Absolutely great words of advise from a dumbass himself. "Huh? Yeah thanks." You smile at him, god it was like you weren't having a crisis over him just a few mins ago.

You get on, not holding onto anything. "I'll drive slowly," God, you wish he was telling the truth. One second you're looking at your surroundings, the next you were clinging onto Baji, probably crying.

"FUCKING LIAR!" You screamed, your arms around his waist, your face buried into his back. You know, if he wasn't the driver, you probably would've stabbed him by now. He started to laugh, pulling over by a bridge. You got off, ran to the edge and took a breather.

You look at Keisuke, him walking over to you. "Sorry Y/n, didn't know you were a pussy with speed too," he says proudly, joining you at the railing. "I'm gonna throw you over this bridge."

You heard a slight chuckle, "Baji?"

"Huh?"

"So, we're friends now, right?" You asked, unsure of your status with him.

"I mean you know, we kinda bonded last night?" He says. You turn your head towards him, admiring him. "It's not like i wanted to be friends with you though," he jokes, letting you punch his arm.

"It just feels right to be with you now, like we're in an arranged marriage, warming up to each other."

Your face warms up, "HUH?" You flustered up, glaring at Baji in confusion, your jaw slightly dropped, your eyes widened.

"NO I DIDNT MEAN IT LIKE THAT," Baji groans at the thought of his wording. He hides his red face, looking off at the view. "I uh..." He stutters.

"I know what you mean," you say, also facing the view, trying to hide your red face. You didn't want Keisuke to know that you're red right now. Hell, he'd tease the shit out of you resulting in another conflict. You didn't know he was flustered too.

"Good..cause you know...I say dumb shit sometimes."

"Yeah, thanks for finally admitting it," you laugh, your arms resting on the railing. "I'm gonna fucking kill you y/n," he groans, pushing you slightly. "You're lucky that I like you y/n, you're so fucking lucky." He groans, kicking some rock off of the bridge.

"Stop getting into fights Baji," you say, walking towards him and his slightly bandaged body. "Alright, let's go now, don't wanna keep Mikey waiting."

"Shit right, let's go y/n," Baji says, looking at the time. You held onto the gap between your bodies, the cushioned seat being clung onto by you. Now you were certain that you caught feelings for Baji, the man you despised.