why

word count. 1.2k
2005
You walk out with Baji, going up another few stairs. You already closed the door, following him up. He opens the rooftop door, shutting it behind you. "Are you going to throw me off this building?" You jokingly ask.

"I wish."

Baji climbed onto the top of the entrance to the rooftop. He grabs your hand, pulling you up. You look around you, the view even more beautiful than what you saw from his balcony. "Don't worry, you won't fall," he confirms, sitting down. You join him, the cold air hitting your face, you're still in your jacket and shorts but you didn't feel as cold.

"Why are we here?" You ask, rubbing the back of your neck.

————————————————————————

-Baji's pov-

I look at her, "There was this one time I overheard you talk to Draken." Y/n hums next to me. "You were giving that man date places and activities, you know..for Emma and him."

"Oh right!" She remembers, smiling at the thought of it. "You went on and on for stargazing, you like stars right?" I ask, laying down, my eyes watching the orbs in the sky, I already knew the answer.

I hear her chuckle, "I really do, they're so interesting." She lays down next to me, slowly laying her head. She rests her hands on her chest, her knees perking up. I can tell that she's just watching in admiration.

"I've never seen the stars like this..." She drifts off, "they're beautiful..." Y/n's mouth parts, her eyes shining like the milky way galaxy. I see a smile creep onto her face as i look besides me.

I cross my arms over my chest, "It really is." "So, you also like stargazing?"

"Just a little, it helps me relax you know," I answer.

We both lay in silence, the two of us finally at peace. "Why'd you show me this place?" She asks, her starstruck gaze still on the stars.

"Uhh..you have to be drained right now.." I say, "Fuck, this place makes me feel so comfortable...at ease with myself." I smile. "I come up here to take a break, it works for me..so i'm hoping it works for you."

"Yeah, it does..Keisuke." She says, now facing me, "You know, that had to be the most smartest thing you've ever sai-"

"Fuck off y/n." I groan, softly smacking her forehead, her ruining the moment. She pretended to be in pain, "Aughh! You bring me nothing but torture!" Y/n jokes.

"Continue making smartass comments," i snarl, pouting. "See, you're exactly like —!", she laughs, sad tinting her eyes, "always flaming me for my words." I roll my eyes, stretching my arms upwards.

"Why do you like me?" Y/n asks, now sitting up, looking at me, "I mean now that we're friends and all." I join her sitting back up, "I dunno, guess you weren't annoying me for the past few weeks." I smirk, seeing her give me a death glare.

I did know the answer, but I hate being all corny and shit. Fucking cringe.

————————————————————————
-3rd pov-
"Hey, Baji look!" She points her hand to the sky, "it's a shooting star." She has the most genuine smile on, admiring the meteor shower. Baji can't help but look at y/n, either thinking she's an idiot or...

"Make a wish, y/n." He says, looking at her. "I wish for — to have a safe journey."

"I uh..also wish for you to stop being an idiot," She adds on, smirking at Baji. "I swear to good y/n-" He groans, making y/n laugh, making him smile. She smiles, tackling him, "y/n?!-" he exclaims in shock. "Hey, be lucky i wasted that wish on you." She says, off of him.

"Alright y/n," he rolls his eyes. He notices how now carefree she is around him. How she isn't snobby or annoying...maybe just a little less.. how y/n is more touchy. Honestly, he can't help but smile at her, finally seeing how she really is. She's nothing like how he thought she was a month ago. To be fair, you guys wanted each other dead then, now you're both hanging on the rooftop of his apartment talking.

"Whacha smilin at?" Y/n asks, grinning. "Huh?" Baji gets knocked back to his senses, "How i'm gonna throw you off this building." Y/n stands up, jumping off of the very top. "Y/n?" He follows her down.

"It's getting cold, let's go back." Baji says, "y/n?" He has his hand on the door handle right now, opening it. She's looking over the railings. "Sometimes, I feel like..." "I feel like I want to run away, start a new life." She says as the wind blows through her hair, looking down upon the lighted streets."I uh, don't know why but, being somewhere else, away from home..."

"With you.."

"It feels calming."

Y/n mumbles, turning her head to face Baji who's looking at her. "With me?" He asks.
"Even though we hated each other for the past decade, I feel like you're what was missing you know.." she blushes. It wasn't that she was embarrassed, it was more of that she's never really confessed straight then and there that a friend like him is important.

"Huh?!" Baji caught off guard, his hair also flowing in the wind, you two the opposite of each other. "Don't take it like that Keisuke, you're cool." Y/n says, walking closer to him. "I'm glad we're friends." She pats his shoulder and walks down the stairs opening his door. He couldn't show y/n that he went all soft mode on her, besides, he still has to maintain being tough too.

He sees y/n on the couch, getting ready to watch something, "you watchin a movie?"

"Oh, yeah, come..sit!"

The time is now 10:12pm, the two of you stayed on the rooftop bonding for about an hour. Y/n smiles, patting the space next to her, Baji taking a seat. She was suppose to be watching the newest horror movie that came out but passed out on Baji. He swore that she was just awake a moment ago or so, the hangover must've taken a toll on Y/n. Her head now in his lap, leaving him unable to move. "Y/n?" One moment the two of you were talking about how ugly the monster was then he notices a pressure on his lap.

'Is she this touchy?' Baji asks himself, brushing it off. Y/n pretty much is, she likes to cling onto her loved ones, especially her friends. They're really use to it now, so it shouldn't be a surprise if y/n ends up poking you for hours straight or something. Not Baji though..

He looks at the girl in his lap, closing the tv and falling asleep with his now friend.