22 Colby's POV

The thing about Denise was that I knew she wasn't kidding. There was a smile on her face, but that glint in her eye wasn't lying. I felt like she definitely knew how to hide a body.

"So, why didn't you ever kill Will?" I asked, as I hopped up onto the washing machine to sit down. "Hmmmm," she hummed, as she shook her dress out. It was a pretty dress and she was going to look great in it. 

"Because, I never got the chance. Will avoids me like the plague. If he sees me in public, he goes the other way. He's a junkie and I'm marrying a cop. We aren't even remotely in the same social circles. If I tried to get him at his home, he would have the advantage. Plus, he lives with his parents and his wife. Can you believe that? They get married and just live in his childhood bedroom. Who does that?"

She shook her head, looking disgusted. "But yeah, that's basically why he's not dead. Remember that I said I'm marrying a cop. I could get away with shit and learn every little detail that I need to know, to not get caught. I might be a little crazy, but no one hurts Callie."

I was beginning to like this girl, more and more. I was so happy that Cal had found her, or she had found Cal. Denise was nothing like that bitch she used to call her friend. 

"Yeah, I wanted to kill him, too, honestly. I just want him to hurt though. More than he ever hurt Callie," I replied, hearing how my voice went hard. I still hated him so much. I should've kicked his ass years ago, when I saw him at that little liquor store. Fucking dick. 

"Hey, maybe one day, we'll get our wish," Denise laughed. I smiled back. "We can only hope," I replied. "You done?" She shook her dress out again, looking at it. "Yeah, guess so. Back to Katrina's room, so I can see how hot Callie is and MAKE her wear one of Kat's dresses. She's so hot and doesn't even know it. Like, that ass! I would kill to have an ass like that!"

I laughed, as we made our way back to Kat's room. "She's definitely something," I agreed. "God, she pissed me off so much, ya know?" Denise said, glancing at me, as we stopped in front of Kat's door. "She's always so down on herself. I know why she does it, but it still pisses me off. I mean, seriously, if she thinks she's so damn ugly and horrendous, then there's no hope for the rest of us." 

I was beginning to really, really like this girl. She was everything Callie needed in a best friend. Denise had Callie's back on everything. I wondered if Callie knew just how hard her friend would go for her. 

I chuckled and shook my head, as I knocked on Kat's door. "Come on now, don't make me tell you that you're gorgeous. I mean, Callie is perfection, but she's one of a kind." She smiled at me, as Kat opened her door for us. "Right answer," she murmured, before we stepped inside the bedroom.

Guess I passed her test. 

"You got your own bathroom, right?" I heard Denise ask Kat. That was the last thing I heard, before my eyes found Callie. She stood in front of the mirror, wearing another one of Kat's dresses. I thought that nothing could beat the black one. 

I was so wrong. 

While the black had been super tight and revealing, this one wasn't. Somehow, it was so much hotter. I think I actually started to sweat. 

She hadn't noticed me staring, so I took the opportunity to take in the entire view. The dress was a deep, shimmering, emerald green. It was off the shoulder, leaving her pale, dewy skin bare till right above her breasts. The sleeves were long, but completely see through, like lace. There was a small opening in between her breasts, showing just a hint of cleavage. 

God, I was actually going to start drooling. Was it hot? I was definitely sweating. I wiped my hand across my forehead and kept taking in the view. 

The emerald material cinched at her waist, then went into this flowy, ball gown style. It stopped mid-thigh, like the other one. I could just imagine how it would flow out, when she spun around on that dance floor though.