Memories

(Y/N): "Gowtheeeeer!"

I leap onto a nearby roof. Where could he have gone?
I look around a little, before extending my tendrils for a better view. Except- they never come out.

(Y/N): "Wh-"

I hesitate for a moment, contemplating. After a few seconds I shake my head.

(Y/N): "Get it together (Y/N), solve personal problems after you save your friend!"

Without hesitation I leap into the air and try my absolute hardest to push something out of my back- not the tendrils, I need something else! Wings!

As I begin falling down, I can feel my body expand and shoot out four separate times. Damn. I hold out my arm to help me direct a tendril more easily, and latch onto a nearby building, with the other three limply waving about.

I walk slowly, towering over the houses below, leaving no crevice unchecked. He's here some- just then, I feel a massive power increase. I bolt off to my right, wasting no time. I'm still not as fast as I usually was, but I am getting the hang of these new tendrils.

I land on a roof right next to the power, and see Diane dodging attacks from Gowther.

Gowther: "Power Level 15,000? Impossible!"

He turns and begins running, only to be met with King's massive bear.

Gowther: "King? Power Level 41,600? What's happening?"

I drop down to the side of him, not giving him an escape route to even dream of.

Gowther: "P-Power Level 70,000?? How?"

King: "What?" He looks at me.

(Y/N): "Like I said, long story."

Gowther moves his hands to his head, activating his power.

(Y/N): "Wait-!"

I shoot a tendril out to grab his wrists, but Diane beats me to it.

Diane: "Stop it, Gowther!"

He turns to look at her and tries to resist, but as a giant she has the advantage in terms of strength. Even if she is the size of a human right now.

Gowther: "The noise . . It's growing. I have to purge it one more time!"

(Y/N): "Wha?"

Gowther: "Because I've done it before . . . And that means I can do it again!"

He reels back and screams out in pain.

(Y/N): "What's happening? What noise?"

Merlin: "Do not let go of him, Diane."

She floats down infront of us, and Gowther leans farther back to see her.

Merlin: "Gowther, it took a while but I finally figured out why you're so mentally unstable. Your memories themselves are the issue. Every time you start to remember something, you trigger and adverse reaction by going berserk. This is one of the causes."

She holds up the glass heart King Bartra has before.

(Y/N): "So he . . . Erases his own memories?" I turn and look at him again.

Merlin: "Seems you gave it to the king's elder sister, Nadja, who died quite young of an ailing heart. But that poor, ill-fated girl wasn't able to be resurrected."

I look between Gowther and Merlin, just processing. I can't blame him for wanting to forget if someone he loved died . . . But at the same time I couldn't live with myself if I forgot about someone I cared about. Even if it hurts like hell I'd rather carry their memory than-

Gowther: "Please- I beg you- I want you to destroy me!"

(Y/N): "No! Gowther, there's not a world where we'd even consider that! Remembering a loved one who's gone hurts, but tell me, would you rather have never met them to begin with? Never have made those memories? Never made their day?"

Diane: "Let us carry your pain! We're your friends! Even with your worst memories, there must be some special ones worth holding onto!"

(Y/N): "Remember Gowther! Remember why it hurts! Because you loved them!"

Gowther stares at Diane, and clearly the memories are starting to flow. He slowly loses his composure in Diane's grip, fighting less and less.

Merlin: "I've been looking into this trinket, and I've found absolutely no traces of heart magic in it. Not a single shred."

King: "Huh? That's strange . . . Then- where's his heart now?"

Merlin: "It exists inside Gowther himself."

(Y/N): "It always has."

Gowther: "I have- a heart?"

Diane lets him go. "Of course you do, silly. If those tears aren't proof than I don't know what is."

Gowther looks up, still crying, as a faint glow begins emanating from him.

Holy- his power-

King: "Gowther's energy just got a huge surge!"

Merlin: "What we're seeing must be his true magic power level. It's finally returned to him, along with his memories."

I smile and fold my arms, leaning against a wall. Now we can both remember.

Escanor: "Thank goodness!" He runs up behind Diane. "I see that you were finally able to track down Gowther! Aheh . . Whew!"

Gowther: "You never gave up on me! Thanks for guiding me in the right direction!"

Diane: "Mhm! That's what friends are for! Now the whole gang is here!"

Merlin: "For The Seven Deadly Sins, today is a day to celebrate! Let's drink and be merry, Captain.

We all start walking back to the Tavern, with Ban and Meliodas jumping down beside us.

Ban: "Aheh, he's gonna pick up the tab, right?"

Meliodas: "Me?"

We all start joking and laughing like before everything fell apart . . . This is nice. And it seems like Meliodas is gaining his emotions back! That, or he's really good at pretending.

I walk up ahead to King and Diane, with one singular goal in mind.

(Y/N): "You know, you two never fully answered my question before."

Diane: "Hm? Oh! What was your question again?"

King clearly remembers as he turns a light pink, but stands somewhat proudly.

(Y/N): "You two got together, huh? I wanna hear the whoooole story. And in return, I'll tell you my stories. Sound fair?"