Denial

I finally wake up after what feels like years. When I try to sit up, my body feels so weak, almost as If I had been in water for weeks.

I eventually do sit up though, and I'm in a tent. I frantically look around for Meliodas, or Ban, or Jericho, or just anyone. Nobody is here.
After a few minutes I am finally able to stand up and walk . . . Limp out of the tent.

Escanor is standing on a bridge outside, watching the river flow past. Strange thing to do at night

(Y/N): "Esc- *cough* Escanor?"

Escanor looks up, and gets a happy look on his face. He runs over to me and almost knocks me down. Wow I am weak if night Escanor could knock me down.

Escanor: "We all thought you were dead. Merlin tried all she could but since you're . . Eh, unique, she couldn't really help. Jericho of coarse tried whatever she could but it didn't help either."

(Y/N): "Then how am I al-ive?"

Escanor: "Well, I saw that you could reattach your limbs, so we gathered you up and just set you next to . . . Yourself. Merlin did do something, but I can't remember for the life of me what it was."

(Y/N): "Where is everyone el- else?"

Escanor: "I have no idea. They were gone when I awoke."

(Y/N): "An . . . And Meliodas?"

I already knew the answer but I refused to believe it.

Escanor looks at the ground.

Escanor: "He's dead. Elizabeth took him to the tavern and hasn't been back since."

He . . . No. Meliodas can't be dead. He's Meliodas! There's no way he can die! He wouldn't just leave us! He . . . He can't! This has to be some kind of sick joke.

I can bring him back.

I head back into the tent to gather my stuff, but all I ever brought with me was my pajamas that are now in tatters. There's barely anything left.
I took them off and threw them at the ground and looked for something else.

I spot a little peice of paper and pick it up.

"(Y/N), in case you wake up while I'm gone, here are your clothes you were supposed to wear to the Ceremony all that time ago. I know you'll try to find me, so I might as well just tell you. I'm headed to a little town near Liones and you can find me there."

-Jericho

I grab my clothes and head out. Hey Escanor, wanna help me get back Balmung?

Blaming. My sacred Treasure. It's basically a staff with pointed blades on each end, and I can split it for two blades. The handle is longer than the blade, and it's better for stabbing than slashing.

Escanor looks at me.

"S-sure, where is it? Also where did you get your clothes?"

(Y/N): "Jericho left them for me, c'mon let's go!"

We start heading off to find my Sacred Treasure. I need it if I'm to have a chance at bringing Meliodas back. Because he's not dead. He can't be.