Determination

(E/Y/N): "Sorry, as you know I'm not usually like this, but something about this whole situation is just so funny to me."

(Y/N): "What? What part of this is funny to you? You're about to kill not only . . Well, yourself, but also the woman you fell for!"

(E/Y/N): "Exactly! That's why it's so funny! I should feel bad, but I feel great! It feels so right! I have this . . Hatred that I don't fully understand, but it's there."

My left knee gives up for a moment, making me stumble a step forward.

I slowly compose myself, making direct eye contact.

(Y/N): "Come on, please, jus-"

He shoots out a tendril, grabbing my face and slams me into the ground.

He then slowly lifts me up, and sets me on my feet, letting me go.

(E/Y/N): "Enough talking. Time to make your final stand."

I look at the ground, knowing how this is going to end for me, but maybe if I can hold him off just long enough, Merlin might come back, or maybe one of the other Sins will come and save Jericho.

I shoot out my 4 tendrils and slam them into the ground one by one, form my right arm into a blade, and double my left arm's size.

(E/Y/N): "Alright, let's get this over with."

He shoots out a tendril straight at my head, but I pull myself to the ground with the tendrils, then push myself up in the air, doing a flip.

He goes to hit me again, but I pull myself to the left with a Tendril, while attaching another one to what's left of the ceiling.

He moves the Tendril up, thinking I'm going to pull myself up, but instead I pull a chunk of the ceiling down on top of him.

He throws it off of him almost immediately, and sends it in my direction.

It knocks me back down to the ground, and he leaps over, landing with his right foot on my chest, making a loud cracking noise.

I plunge my bladed arm into him, but nothing more than just the very edge cut through.

He pins my arms and legs down with his tendrils, and puts more pressure on my chest.
Then he slides me away, only to lift me back up and pull me right into his fist, sending me out of his grip and right into the ice again, making it crack.

I slump down to the floor, not having enough strength to keep myself up.

Not enough strength? What am I doing? I have to have enough! Otherwise . . Otherwise Jericho will die.

I slowly climb to my feet, using the ice to hold myself up.

(E/Y/N): "Look at you! You're almost dead already!"

A flash of villagers goes across my mind, but I shake it off and focus on the fight.

(E/Y/N): "Oh, I know what you're thinking about . ."

He shoots a Tendril into my shoulder, cracking the ice again.

(E/Y/N): "It's Your fault they're dead. You might as well have just killed them yourself."

(Y/N): "SHUT UP!"

(E/Y/N): "If only you would've done something. But no. You just let them all die. All your friends, all the people who showed you kindness and excepted you, despite not having a clue what you are . . And the one person you saw as family. Even your best friend."

I can't do anything . . I am completely useless. I can't save a single person . .

(E/Y/N): "Just how useless can one person be? You had the power to save them and you know it. But you didn't. And now, you won't be able to save your new friends either. They will die, and you, once again, did not do anything."

I stand there for a moment, blank minded.

After a few seconds, images of all of my old friends flash through my mind, making me feel intense sorrow.
Then images of my new friends show up, and I feel a happy nostalgia for a moment, before realizing that I'm about to lose them all.

_________________

(Y/N)'s mind enters a state of disarray that would be impossible to follow, thinking about King, Diane, Ban, Gilthunder, Howzer, Griamore, Merlin, Jericho and Escanor dying at the hands of (E/Y/N) and the 10 Commandments. Then Meliodas, dead on the ground.

His Power Level begins to rise as his mind goes further down this path.

As he's thinking, a presence looms over him, only for a moment.

__________________

(E/Y/N): "I will bring you their head- wait . . How- what are-"

(Y/N): "I can't protect anyone . . Or at least . . I couldn't. But I made a promise."

My energy starts to shift, and the orange outlines dissapear.

(Y/N): "I . . I will protect . . Those that I care about. AND I DON'T CARE HOW HARD I HAVE TO PUSH MYSELF!"

________________

The white part of the energy swells and wobbles until it expands to cover the black parts of energy, pushing it into the middle.

(E/Y/N) takes a step back in shock, and shoots out another Tendril heading for
(Y/N)'s neck.

Just before it reaches, an explosion of black energy erupts from (Y/N), blowing away the Tendril, but the one in (Y/N)'s shoulder is still there.

The Black energy starts to die down, only for it to turn white and grow twice as big.

_________________

The Tendril in my shoulder disintegrates and the hole is filled up rather quickly.

The white glow slowly shrinks back down to me, leaving a thin glow around me for a few seconds.

My energy is now primarily white, with a small amount black energy inside of the white energy, with no outline, as well as being more smooth.

All the ache in my body has gone, along with all my wounds.

(E/Y/N) takes a step back out of pure instinct.

I look back at Jericho, and then face (E/Y/N) with determination.

(Y/N): "I think I might have a few new tricks . . Wanna help me test them out?"

(E/Y/N) doesn't answer.

Instinctively, as though I had been able to my whole life, I hold my hand out to my side, palm up, and s small tendril shoots out of it, forming into the shape of a sword. It then solidifies, and I swing it around a bit before pointing it towards that monster.