A Drink

As I leap into the air, another thought crosses my mind. Meliodas. He came back to life and I've not had a single decent conversation with him.

I land on the ground and look back to the direction of the Tavern. Would he think I abandoned him? Would he care? He has no emotions.

I look towards the city. Jericho on the other hand has her emotions and lost her brother, and I've ALSO not had a conversation with her in some time.

Meliodas seems fine but has no emotions, Jericho has them and is sad . . . I go with Jericho right? I mean . . . Well maybe if he has no emotion he won't really consider anything and will automatically take it just how he sees it? Is that bad?

Uhm . . . Well I suppose there's time for both right? If I check on Jericho now, I can check on Captain later right? Yeah . . . But what if something happens? I mean The Commandments are still out there, and I doubt other me is dead . . 

I start walking towards the city.

After a few steps I stop and slap my forehead

(Y/N): "Damn!"

I forgot Gustav's shirt!

I turn and form into tendrils and zoom back to the Tavern, carrying my clothes behind me.
I land at the front door and form inside my clothes as I open it.

Escanor: "Welcome back! Would you care for a drink?"

I look around and he's the only one I can see.

Escanor: "The others are up on the balcony, if that's what you're looking for."

Did he wait for me?

(Y/N): "Yeah, I'll have a drink."

I need to hurry, but also I don't want to be rude, AND I've ALSO not had a good conversation with Escanor in a while. Hell, who have a had a good conversation with recently?

I start walk over to the bar.

I mean, for me it only feels like a few weeks ago that I was chopped in half, but for everyone else it was months.

I sit down and he grabs some Vanya Ale and starts pouring it into a mug.

Wait, that means that for Jericho she thought I was dead for months, got me back for like a day, and then lost her brother, THEN I've just dissapeared for a few days? Alright, I need to see her, but I've still got time, right? Yeah, I've got time.

Escanor: "Pardon me, but is something troubling you?"

(Y/N): "Ah, it's fine. I'll figure it out."

He sets the mug down and pick it up.

(Y/N): "You know, I went to Vanya . . Well, a while ago now to resupply Meliodas's stock."

Escanor: "Oh, it really is a beautiful place!"

I take a sip as he speaks.

(Y/N): "Yeah, but it took a bit longer than expected. You see, Gilthunder had stopped the water with his sword so they couldn't make Ale anymore."

Escanor: "This is when he had no choice, correct?"

(Y/N): "Yeah."

I take another gulp.

Escanor: "Thank you for catching me up on what happened before you found me, by the way."

(Y/N): "Hey no problem, really wish we would've found you sooner though. I missed you."

Escanor: "Thanks! It really did get quite lonely in that cave . ."

I finish off the drink and set it down.

(Y/N): "Well thank you for the drink, but uh, I've gotta go now."

Escanor: "I thought you just got back?"

(Y/N): "No, I just forgot something that I needed."

Escanor: "Oh, alright."

(Y/N): "Uh, speaking of, do you know where that thing i gave you is?"

Escanor: "It's right in your closet,  like you asked."

(Y/N): "Ah alright, thanks!"

I start heading up the stairs, and then remember that I actually don't know which room is mine.

I hop back down and look at Escanor.

He already knows what I'm going to say.

Escanor: "Follow me."

He leads my up to my room, at the very top of the Tevern, and it looks pretty nice. There's a bed in the middle of the room against the back wall, and a closet on the left wall. There's a stand on the left side of the bed with a candle on it.

(Y/N): "Thank you!"

Escanor: "Any time."

He nods his head and starts going back down the ladder.

I head into my room and look into the closet. There's a few of my new clothes, as well as some of my old ones. Right in the middle, with a little space cleared between it and the res of my clothes, is what I'm looking for. I take the shirt and and fold it into my arms.

I head back out to the hallway, close my door and climb down the ladder.

I hop off a few steps before the ground and head to the stairs. I look around me and there's a large area with a ton of tables, and a door to the balcony behind me.

I start heading down the stairs and to the door.

I turn to Escanor, who is cleaning my mug.

(Y/N): "I'll be back in a bit, don't wait for me though, it could take a while."

Escanor: "Who is that for?"

I look down at it.

(Y/N): "Well, it was Gustav's."

I turn to face him.

(Y/N): "And he wanted me to give it to Jericho if anything happened to him."

Escanor: "Oh."

His eyes sadden a bit.

(Y/N): "Yeah. Anyway, I uh, I'll be back."

I head out and close the door, before going full tendril and leaping into the air. The Sun is almost set, so I hope she's not asleep or anything yet. I start heading to the city once again, and this time I'm not going to stop.