Balmung?

When I wake up, a pain shoots through my head, making me push my head into my pillow as hard as I can and clench my blanket with a death grip.

After several minutes it finally passes. Good. I was about to start yelling out of pain.

I slowly get up, trying not to cause that again. I head over to a barrel and grab some raw meat, and poke at it with Balmung. What does this thing do again?
Maybe it burns things. Maybe I can cook with it, but no. It's not working.

How do I even make it work? Maybe it needs to be in half? I split it in half and toutch the blades together on the meat, but still no.

Maybe think angry thoughts . . . Uhhh . . Melascula! And how she always beats me!

No. Good thoughts?

Warm hugs from Jericho! No.

Sad thoughts? Mel- . . . No I can't.

It's even midnight so I should be at my strongest. But even that wasn't enough . . Stop it!

Why can't I remember?

And it wasn't the head pain because I couldn't remember when I fought Melascula. Or at least not entirely.

Then in an instant all of the muscles in my body all start to hurt at once, and quite badly. It's so bad I collapse to my knees and then flop forwards onto my face. Then it stops just as fast.
I cautiously get back onto my feet, unsure of what just happened.

I hear a footstep and spin around with Balmung.

But there's nothing. I look all around me and still nothing. I go back to the meat slab but have all of my senses focused around me.

I try just pointing Balmung at the meat, and surprise surprise, nothing happens.

Then I see something move in the shadows, but when I focus on the surrounding area there's nothing. Not a single leaf is in a different spot. Come to think of it, why did o see them but not hear them? Somethings going on here . .

After about an hour of poking and prodding the meat to no avail, and with no further interruptions, I'm ready to give up. I'll just accept defeat and ask someone else in the morning.
I look at the meat and is covered in so many holes I probably wouldn't be able to guess what it was if I hadn't seen it before.

_____________________________________________

So I'm trying a new formula where in-between each big segment I'll have a smaller one, like this. Let me know of you like that or not, and I will change it if you don't.
As for Balmung, what do you think it's special ability is? (And it was teased in this part, so you do have something to go on.)