"AH!" She gasped, dramatically, and placed her hand on her neck. "I would clutch my pearls, if I had any. The AUDACITY you have, ma'am!" I laughed and rolled my eyes. "You're such a dork." She twirled her hair on her finger, then propped her elbow on my shoulder. Since I was a few inches taller than her, it was a little off balance, but she made it work. "Yeah, but you love me," she said, sweetly, before kissing my cheek. 

"You guys are so cute," Colby cooed, as he smiled and brought both of his hands up to frame his face, under his chin. "Just adorable." "Shut up," I giggled. "You're a dork, too." "Yeah, but you love me," he mimicked Denise. I blushed and looked down. "Yeah, I love you both," I sighed, then looked back up, meeting his gaze. "Now, let's get on with this tour." 

He had a soft expression on his face now, his gaze gentle on mine, his full lips only slightly curved. The kind of look that made me want to fall into his arms and feel them go around me, keeping me safe. I was such a sucker for him, and that made him dangerous for me. 

"Right this way," he said, throwing his arm out towards the next room. "This is one of the guest rooms where one of you will be sleeping, IF you decide to stay with us." He flung the door open, then stepped back for us to enter first. Denise went in before me and did a full circle in the middle of the room. 

"This is beautiful," she sighed. I had to agree. It was so large, that two, possibly three, of my own bedroom would have fit inside of it. The motif of the large room was simple, gray and white, like downstairs, only softer somehow. The gray walls were lighter, almost silver, like a quarter, trimmed with the pristine white that I was now getting used too. 

Downstairs, there were areas where the white was almost too much, too bright, but not in here. It was subtle, emphasizing the soft gray. The dresser and end tables matched the trim, but the white was offset with the dolphin lamp and photos that were on the wall. It the room were smaller, I don't think it would have worked. It would've made it seem to small, but instead, it just made it cozy. 

Wait, was there glitter in the paint? I walked closer to the wall and traced my finger along it. There were pale, very pale, gold lines looping and swirling inside the paint. 

"That's one of my favorite things," Colby said, his quiet voice coming from right beside me. I didn't jump this time though. I looked up at him and realized just how close he was. His shoulder was pressed softly against mine, his face only inches from my own. I smiled, with my finger still on the golden loop. "It's amazing. You almost wouldn't notice it, but it somehow adds so much to the room.," I murmured. 

His lips were so close to mine. So close that I could feel his gentle breath on my cheek. I was locked in his clear blue gaze again. I felt like I was watching an ocean. They were so blue, with the foamy waves holding me hostage in their beauty. His lips dropped, just an inch, closer to mine, causing me to drop my gaze to his mouth. 

So full, so inviting. I remembered how soft his lips were, how they felt molded against my own, how they were gentle, but dominate when challenged. My body trembled with the shivers that the memory caused. 

Closer still he moved, moving so slowly. Why wouldn't he just hurry up and kiss me?! I needed to feel his lips on mine again. Just to see if it felt the same as it did before. Almost there. I held my breath, just before those magical lips barely brushed my own.

"This is my room. I claim it," Denise said, jerking me back to reality. What the fuck was I doing?! I took a few steps back from Colby, breathing hard, trying to steady myself. That was nothing. Barely anything. Not even a real kiss. I mean, I don't know what would've happened if Denise hadn't said something, but it was nothing now. 

Damn you, D.

No, not damn you. Thank you. That didn't need to happen. It shouldn't happen. 

Colby and I stared at each other, standing a couple of feet apart now. The room was silent now, and I knew that Denise was finally realizing that something had happened.