14 | Save him

~~~

~~~

For school Julia's mom drove her to school and when she dropped her off Stiles was with Scott so when Julia got out of the car she walks past them.

"She can't see me with Stiles." She says so Scott could hear her.

Stiles watches Julia's mom drive off then looks at Scott confused, "She's not allowed to be seen with you." Scott tells him.

"What? Just me? Not you too?" Stiles heads inside to their lockers hoping Julia will be there. "So you aren't allowed to be around me but not Scott?"

"Pretty much. She said it's your fault so that's why. She doesn't care for you." Julia says opening her locker.

"Well, I mean, yeah but still."

"Stiles, when she's not around don't worry." She laughs, "I'm not going anywhere. You're stuck with me." She smiles getting her stuff heading off.

Scott comes up behind smiling at his best friend, "The thought of her not being around you anymore bothers you."

Stiles turns around, "Well yeah, she's my friend."

"That's the only reason?"

"Scott, not this again." Stiles huffs walking off.

"Keep telling yourself that."

During the day, Allison asks Julia to join her in the library so the cameras don't think it's weird she's by herself talking alone while Scott is on the other side of the bookshelf.

"It's everything Lydia can translate. And trust me, she was very confused." Allison says as Julia opens a book looking through it.

"Yeah, what'd you tell her?" Scott asks.

"That we were part is an online gaming community that battles mythical creatures." Allison says making Scott and her slightly laugh.

"I am part of an online gaming community that battles mythical creatures." Stiles and Julia say together then look at each other reaching to fist bump.

"Okay, does it say how to find out who's controlling him?" Scott asks.

"Not really. But Stiles was right about the murderers. It calls the Kanima a weapon of vengeance. There's a story in there about this South America priest who uses the Kanima to excute murderers in his village."

"All right, see? So maybe it's not all that bad." Stiles says.

"Until the bond grew strong enough that it killed whoever he wanted it to." Allison adds.

"All bad, all very, very bad."

"Here's the thing though. The Kanima's actually supposed to be a werewolf. But it can't be..." Allison stops so Scott reads it.