7 | Dance

~~~

~~~

When I got home I saw Lydia sitting on my bed hugging one of my pillows. "Where have you been?" She asks hugging my pillow tighter.

"With a friend." I tell her but she stays quiet. "Lydia, why are you in my room?" I ask her.

"I just wanted to see what you were doing?" She sighs and I can tell she wanted to cry or either cried earlier.

"What's wrong Lydia?" I ask her in a serious tone.

"Why do you ask that?" She puts my pillow back.

"You seem upset." I take a seat on my bed.

"Jackson broke up with me." Her voice cracks.

"You don't need him. You're Lydia Martin." I tell her.

"But I love him."

I sigh, "Lydia, he treats you like shit. Especially when we were in the school that night. How do you let treat you like that? And let him flirt with Allison? Stand up for yourself." I snap at her.

"He doesn't treat me badly." She looks down.

"How did he break up with you? Word for word?" I ask her.

"He sent me a text saying, Lydia, please give up my spare house key at your earliest convenience. So I asked him as if we're no longer dating to which he said he decided to drop some dead weight in his life...and I'm just about the deadest." She explains to me.

"Lydia... that's treating you like shit!" I tell her.

"I didn't come in here to be yelled at." She gets off my bed going to the door to leave.

"I raised my voice because you said he doesn't treat you bad, but he didn't break up with you, he dumped you... in an asshole way. I'm just trying to tell you, you deserve better than Jackson." I tell her right before she slams my bedroom door. I sigh shaking my head flipping her off behind the door. I literally was just trying to be there for her and help her out.

Saturday I ignore my phone going off from Stiles because I just wasn't in the mood. Last night with Lydia just pissed me off because I hate how our relationship is now. "How about you get off your ass and get out of the house. You ignored my texts and calls yesterday when we could have needed you. And your phone is still turned off." Stiles burst through my bedroom door.

"How the hell does my mom let you in?" I groan pausing my movie.

"She doesn't. I let myself in." He gives me a duh look.