1

"Soobin, wait up!" Someone called out to him, making him turn around with a small furrow of his eyebrows.

"Oh, hey!" He greeted his friend as he surprised him by placing his arm around his shoulder, making him lose his balance.

"How was your summer break?" Beomgyu questioned as they walked through the school gates together.

"It was okay. Just helping my mom out with the fish. I'm guessing you went fishing with your dad." Soobin said with raised eyebrows as he adjusted his bag around his shoulders.

"Yeah."

The small town that they lived in was very near the beach, and most of the kids that lived there came from fishermen or fish selling parents. It was almost impossible to find a kid in the school that has nothing to do with the ocean.

"Hey Soobin!" Someone randomly greeted to which he waved nicely.

Everyone knew Soobin.

He was the nicest guy and he got along with everyone. If you needed anything, Soobin will be there.

"We're in the same class this year." The girl said nicely as she walked past them.

"Yeah, I'll see you there." He smiled making the girl look away from him with a small bite of her lip.

Beomgyu poked Soobin's side with a teasing smile, causing Soobin to roll his eyes.

"Will you stop acting like every girl I talk to is my girlfriend?" He complained as they walked up the steps to the second floor, where their classroom will be that year.

"Most girls that you talk to want to be your girlfriend." Beomgyu smirked as he was quick to find their classroom.

Beomgyu searched for seats that weren't in the front, but Soobin didn't mind sitting in the first seat he could find, which was in the front of the class.

"Soobin, hey." Another student greeted as she walked into the class to which Soobin gave her a smile.

Soon it was time for the class to start, and the bell rang just as the professor was making his way inside the classroom.

Soobin let out a small sigh at the sight of Mr. Min, who he dreaded for the last three years that he had been in the school. Literally everyone hated him, and all the seniors warned them the year before about his class.

"Hello, class." He greeted making everyone respond halfheartedly. "It's the first day, I'm expecting more energy from you."

"Good morning." They all echoed as he nodded his head.

"I will be calling attendance now-"

He was interrupted by the sound of the door opening and a girl walking inside.

"You're late."

"I know that." She responded with a smile as she walked to the back of the class, sitting down.

All the students watched her as her attitude was even worse than the last couple of years.

Soobin knew about her, Mila, but he had never been in a class with her, that's how popular she seemed to be.

Although her popularity wasn't very positive.

The professor only watched her place her feet up on the desk, before letting out a sigh.

"As I was saying before I was rudely interrupted. I will be calling attendance."

Soobin stared at her for a couple of seconds, before looking at the professor again.