"Hey, Kiara..."

"Oh, my God. Enough of the "Hey, Kiara!" bullshit! Why'd you do it?" Kie asks Sarah.

"Why did I do what?" Sarah asks.

"We were best friends. We... we stole beers
from your dad's fridge, we watched movies together, we cried about boys. And the next thing I know, I'm watching your birthday party happen from Instagram." Kie says hurt.

"It was one party." Sarah states.

"You invited everybody except me. And then you told everybody I was the reason that the party got busted."

"Okay, well, who else would've called the cops?" Sarah asks annoyed.

"You never asked. You just let the rumor go that I was a rat. You were my best friend, and then you ghosted me, and I don't even know why! I mean, really, what did I do?"

"You liked me." Sarah states.

"What?" Kie asks confused.

"When... people get... close to me, I feel trapped. And... I bail. And then I blame them for it. I'm really sorry...and I miss you. Do you think there's a chance that we could be okay again?" Sarah asks.

"Honestly... I don't know." Kie says truthfully.

"I'm sorry to." I say to Kie. "I know you like JJ. I just, I've always liked him but I think I'm not enough so I hide the feelings. Not wanting to loose a friend. Then I get with other people."

"I get it. I mean, JJ and I would never work. Neither would you guys. Maybe the rule was set for a reason." Kie says looking to me.

"JJ and I kissed." I quickly admit. Sarah looks at me shocked while smiling but Kie looks hurt.

"What?" Kie asks.

"He kissed me last night and I kissed back. Then he pulled away and asked if I loved someone else. I say I promise I would forget about them and shit because I didn't want to throw toy under the bus and say that I loved him cause then he would find out you loved him." I ramble.

"You did that for me?" Kie asks.

"Yes and now JJ and I aren't friends anymore and everything is fucked." I say venting to them.

"Just get with him. Say that I don't love him and you realized that you like him." Sarah says giving advice.

"Or say that you wanna be friends again and forget and then bring it up later." Kie suggests.

"Yeah." I say as it's silent and then I smile. "I guess Pope was right. We are a power trio." We all start laughing as the weed is getting to us.

"Hey, Sarah." Kie says as we are all trying to go to bed.

"Hey, Kiara." Sarah says.

"Hey, Eve." I add as they smile.

"Promise me that you won't bail on John B." Kie says. Oh dang. I didn't know it was deep. "He's not just... some other guy. And he really, really likes you."

"I won't." Sarah says.

"She's liked him sense Freshman year. She won't hurt him." I say as Sarah gasps at me.

"That's a secret!" She says.

"Sorry." I say laughing as we all laugh.

"Also, I'm sorry I called the cops." Kie says as we all laugh even harder.

"I knew it." Sarah says.

"Eve told me to!" Kie defends herself.

"Eve!" Sarah says.

"I'm sorry! You left her out!" I say as we all laugh.

"Okay Goodnight guys." Sarah says as we all close our eyes to go to bed.

"Goodnight." Kie says.

"Goodnight." I say as it goes silent. I couldn't take it anymore as I start laughing at nothing and they join in.

"Uh-oh!" Pope yells as we are standing at the edge of the boat.

"You forget your keys or something?" John B yells.

"You need a tow?" Pope yells.

"Don't give them the satisfaction of thinking this worked." Kie says to Sarah and I.

"Absolutely not." Sarah says.

"No fucking way." I say.

"You gotta admit it was funny." John B says as the boat pulls up next to us.

"John B." Kie says.

"Uh, what's that?" He asks.

"Mastermind, huh?" She asks.

"I'm always plannin'." He says smiling.

"Some patriarchal bullshit." I say.

"Yeah, that sucked." Sarah says as we all put on a fake act.

"You still love us though, right?" JJ asks as he throws Kie a rope.

"Yeah, whatever." Kie says.

"Hey, you still hate me?" John B asks Sarah as I look to JJ. We make eye contact and we quickly look away.

"A little. We're gonna get you back when you least expect it." Sarah says.

"Watch your back, boys." Kie says.

"Mm-hm." I say agreeing.

"I welcome that challenge." Pope says looking to JJ.

"Me too." He says.

"So, did you guys, you know..." John b asks to see if his plan worked.

"Reconcile our differences?" Kie asks.

"Mm-mm." He answers.

"Not even close." I say.

"But we're... willing to work together." Sarah says looking at Kie and I.

"Mm." Pope says.

"You know what? That's victory." John B says as they do their handshake.

"Wiggedy-wiggedy-wiggedy!" Pope says.

"Know why? Hydroponic." JJ says.

"Don't say that." Kie says.

"All right, shut up. You guys ready to jack someone up?" John B asks as we all get onto the boat.

1373 words! So... will JJ and her makeup?