Addison Montgomery [Caught] ✓

You woke up to the familiar blaring of Addison's pager going off and let out an exhausted grumble as you shifted to your side, blindly searching until your hand grasped onto a corner of a pillow. In one swift movement you grabbed onto the fabric and flung it over your head and brought it down upon the person sleeping soundly next to you. A groan came from her and you snuggled deeper into the duvet, satisfied with your aim.

Addison forcefully opened her tired eyes as she stared at the page: 911. With a frown on her lips she tossed the duvet off of her and slid out of bed, quickly searching your floor for her shirt and pulling it over her shoulders. With all of her shuffling around it would be impossible to fall asleep - not that it mattered anyway, once you were awake there was no way that you'd be able to sleep until the next night - so you watched as she moved, confidently and comfortably, around your room. Her red hair tucked behind her ears as she picked up her shoes and plodded her way toward you.

"When does your shift start?" She questioned you as she picked up her coat from the floor.

"Two hours," you replied with a small smile, knowing that you'd probably end up in an on-call room. You heard Addison hum before she pressed a kiss to your head and rushed out of the door. The room fell into silence and you sighed heavily; you were already bored, instantly missing her now that she was gone.

You pressed the end of a pen against your lip, your eyebrows furrowed as you stared at the set of numbers.

"Hey," Addison greeted as she stopped at your side.

"Hey," you mumbled back, not looking up from your board, "do you mind having a look at this?" You said as you passed her the board.

"Hmm, that's really interesting," she hummed as her lips pressed into a tight line before placing the board down onto the desk. Your fingers brushed against the edge as you reached for it before you felt a hand begin to push against the small of your back.

"Addison," she hummed in reply, still guiding you through the hospital. "Where are we going?" You questioned as the two of you missed the turning in line to the on-call rooms and straight through the doors to the stairwell.

Addison turned to face you with a grin on her face, pulling you forward as she stepped backwards into the wall. "I've missed you," she mumbled sheepishly to which you rolled your eyes playfully.

"It hasn't even been three hours," you stated, raising an eyebrow at her as her hands snaked around your waist.

"Still.." she whispered, shrugging her shoulders, and pulled you in closer - butterflies swarmed your stomach, god, this woman was unbelievable sometimes. "Are you saying you haven't missed me?" She questioned, getting impossibly closer to your face, and you shook your head lightly with a smile on your face; of course you had.

"Whatever," you sighed before pressing your lips to hers, your arms coming over her shoulders as the two of you made out. You felt her smile against you and you couldn't help but smile in return, her teeth touching your own.

A loud beep sounded and the two of you jumped back. Your breath got caught in your throat - Mark Sloan stood wide-eyed with one hand on the half open door. A heavy silence encased the three of you as you and Addison stared at Mark and he stared at the both of you. You swallowed dryly and cautiously looked at Addison beside you who had her lips pressed into a thin line.

God, this was awkward.

Finally, Mark's lips broke out into, what you could only describe as, a shit-eating grin. The invisible tension was cut and you felt yourself relax slightly.

"Derek is not going to believe this," Mark chuckled lowly.

"Wait, no-" Addison attempted to stop him but he has already turned on his heel and left the way he came. "Mark.." You bit your lip in an attempt to stop yourself from laughing. Addison turned to you in a huff and you quickly let your smile fall, but she could see it in your eyes. Her mouth falling open, beyond belief, at your state. "You think this is funny?" She accused you and you couldn't help the small giggle that left you. "Unbelievable." She huffed, throwing her hands in the air.

"Addie- it's fine, they were gonna find out sooner or later," you consoled. She frowned at you sheepishly; she being the one that had pulled you into the stairwell in the first place.

"Really? You're really fine that they know?" You nodded your head and pulled her in for a hug. Your eyebrows furrowed when you felt her start to shake.

"Are you crying?"

"No!" She said laughing and pulled away from you. "Did you see Mark's face?" She questioned, struggling to get her sentence out in between small laughing fits. A grin broke out onto your face as you nodded your head frantically. The two of you doubled over in hysterics in the stairwell, your laughter so loud people could hear it on the other side.

26/11/23 {Words: 884}