Maria Hill [Corners] ✓

Ever since you realised your crush on a particular agent, you always seemed to run into her, literally; it was like the world was playing some cruel joke on you. The same corner. Every single time.

You picked up the papers from the desk and lightly nodded your head at your boss to excuse yourself. With the papers tucked under your left arm you checked the watch on the right your eyes widened at the time. You cursed to yourself under your breath and picked up the pace; you couldn't be late. Not again. The click-clacking of your heels echoed through the white hallways of your workplace and you frowned at the loudness of them. If only you could be wearing something more comfortable, your mind sprung to the idea of trainers, something you could run in. Properly run in. Damn the stupid work uniform.

You hurriedly walked around the corner before crashing into someone's chest, you tightly held onto the papers, but to your dismay you heard the flutter of a few fall to the floor. Great, just what you needed. Their hands had quickly wrapped around your arms to steady you. You looked up sheepishly and stared, wide-eyed, as Maria Hill stood before you. The Maria Hill. Though her facial expression remained neutral, her shiny, blue eyes searched your own for any signs of harm or distress. You gulped; heat travelling up your neck to your face as your brain repeatedly shouted 'eye contact' at you like an alarm.

"A-Agent Hill, I am so sorry," a shaky hand tucked a loose strand of hair behind your ear, "I should really start looking around corners. This one in particular." You apologized with a blush on your cheeks as you recalled all the other times you had bumped into her.

"Don't stress about it Miss Y/L/N," Maria smirked handing back the fly- away papers. You had been too busy gawking that you hadn't noticed her picking them up for you. "Besides, it's always nice seeing you in the morning." You felt her lightly squeeze your arm before walking away; leaving you stunned and your heart beating at an alarming rate. Did Maria Hill just flirt? With you?

26/10/21 {Words: 363}