Chapter 105: Nothing Else Matters

Tsukishima Kei was tired, frustrated, and wanted nothing more than to just pack up his things and go home for the day.  But, he couldn't do that, even though class would be ending shortly.  There was still volleyball club after school today, and he'd catch hell from a variety of people if he tried to skip it, especially from his blue-eyed girlfriend.

Who, at the moment, he was not entirely happy with.

He'd spent much of the weekend bored and lonely and staring at his phone.  Nakano had texted him several times, but not as often as he'd hoped she would.  Her texts had been sweet and romantic, full of emojis and declarations that, even though she was having a lovely time with her mom, she really missed her handsome blonde middle blocker.  

Somehow, those texts only made him feel more mopey.

He'd tried contacting Yamaguchi, but Tadashi was away for the weekend with his family.  He tried contacting Kuroo, only to get a short reply from his senpai saying that he was in Sendai visiting his new school (that is to say, visiting Amalie) and he'd get back to him next week.  Even Akiteru had stayed in Sendai for the weekend.  In fit of desperation, Kei had even texted the Boku-bro, willing to put up with Boku-ramble if it meant he'd have someone to talk to about how lonely he was feeling.

"Sorry bro," Bokuto's response text had read, "but I'm with Mako this weekend."

Kei had growled in frustration and gone downstairs to make himself a cup of mecha and complain to his mother about the fact that apparently he was the only person on the planet not having fun this weekend.  

Tsukishima Akira had scoffed at her younger son and tousled his hair.  "Well, actually, I'm kind of surprised you and Nakano aren't spending this weekend together, what with Monday being Valentine's Day and all."

That single sentence had completely ruined his already not exactly fabulous mood.  He'd spent the rest of the weekend in his room, grousing frequently at Kyo the Betta Fish.  And now here he was in class on Valentine's Day and still grousing to himself.  He wasn't sure what was upsetting him more - the fact that Valentine's Day meant dealing with a bunch of weird girls trying to give him chocolates he didn't want, or that the one girl he wanted chocolate from for Valentine's Day had avoided him the entire weekend, and had not, as of yet, given him any chocolates.

They'd not been able to walk to school together, as Nakano had had PT that morning.  Lunch had been spent in the classroom, and while the girl was suitably attentive, no chocolates had been offered up.  He'd had plenty of chocolate to deal with already, however.  Upon opening his shoe locker that morning, no fewer than 10 bundles of sweet confections had tumbled out, several of them expensive store-bought honmei choco.  Tsukishima had bitten his own tongue in frustration, not wanting to swear so loudly in the hallways of the school.  He'd scooped up the pile of chocolate and crammed it all into the nearest trash can, triggering several audible gasps from girls who'd apparently hidden themselves in the area of his shoe locker, hoping to see a more tender response to their Valentine's Day offering.  Tadashi had given Kei a look, and sighed.  

"Tsukki, you didn't have to be so mean about it," the freckle-faced boy had said reproachfully.

Kei had rounded on him.

"What do you want me to do, Yamaguchi, swoon and simper over all this crap!?" The blonde savaged his shoes as he tried to change them.  "I have a girlfriend.  I guarantee you none of this stuff was from her.  I don't want any stupid goddamn chocolate from anyone else.  These are all from girls who know nothing about me except that they think I'm good looking from a distance.  Well they can just continue to keep their distance 'cause I don't have the slightest bit of interest in any of them!"

His Warrior Queen: A Haikyuu!! Novel (Tsukishima x OC)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें