Chapter 47 - Talks

Here we were at Raw and I was buzzing more than before purely because I knew Thomas was going to be watching me. I know I sound like an excited child, but I honestly felt like one too. This guy was my best friend, my soul mate for all those years and I never really said goodbye to him, I just had an argument with Harry and left. Instead of hating me, he's come to see me whilst in America - something he may have planned forever. Our friendship never died, it just went away for a little while.

"Hey! You ready for the show?" Paige walked into my dressing room in her gear. I smiled at her in the mirror.

"Of course." I smiled. "It's the last Raw before Royal Rumble and then we've got another title match!"

"Yeah, I can't wait to beat you again." She winked, quickly jumping away from me as I tried to grab her.

"Oh come on, you only won by cheating last time." She smirked at me as she backed away from me until she was in the doorway.

"You wouldn't have beaten me anyway!" She said and laughed, running away. I laughed and shook my head, standing up and once again admiring the job these people did to make me look good. I took a picture of me in my outfit and posted it on my social media.

*Time for #Raw! I'm ready to kick @RealPaigeWWE's ass today so she knows what's coming for #RoyalRumble. Doing it for my buddy @TommoT! ;)*

All those years on he still had the same twitter name, and he had the cheek to laugh at the fact I kept the same number? Idiot. I must remember to bring this up when we go out tonight. My stomach knotted at the mere thought of us going out together. It had been years, was it going to be the same as it was? Or was it going to be worse? I made my way backstage and stood by the ramp, waiting for my time to be called out. I'd got there early, I always liked to see the match before finish to calm my nerves and to get used to how loud the crowd were before I went on stage. I checked my notifications on twitter and was surprised at just how popular that picture was becoming - and I wasn't sure if it was because I looked great or because I'd mentioned Thomas. I scrolled down the notifications and noticed Seth and Dean had favourited it. That was probably the most forward move any of us had made to show we were still acknowledging each other's existences. I kept scrolling and saw Thomas had commented on it.

*@LucyWWE I know you'll own it out there. Make me proud ;P*

I smiled at the comment and retweeted it, causing even more of a shock to the WWE Universe. I had a lot of tweets asking me who he was and if he was my boyfriend, I'd answer them in due course but right now I needed to focus for my match. This was a big one, which was now bigger because my childhood friend was sat in the front row.

I fiddled about with my costume nervously until a shadow put me in darkness. I looked up and saw Seth. I gulped down the nervous lump in my throat and forced a smile. My hands felt clammy and my heart rate began to speed up. Why did he have to turn up now?

"Good luck out there." He said, but it sounded forced.

"T-Thank you." I stuttered, not used to us actually having a conversation in private.

"Who was that guy at the meet and greet?" He looked around quickly, probably checking that no one saw us stood together. I knew there was only one reason he came over to speak to me.

"Just a friend." I shrugged, sensing jealousy in Seth's voice.

"You seemed very happy to see him."

"He was my best friend when I lived in England." I spat. "And seeing as I have no one here, it was nice to see a friendly face." I folded my arms and huffed.

"I remember when you used to look at me like that." Seth said suddenly and I sucked in a sharp breath. This was the first time since that day we'd even spoken about anything relating to us. I mean I'd spoken to them and apologised but this wasn't one of those forced conversations you had to have, this was just coming out without hesitation.

"I-I..." I couldn't find any words. I didn't know what to say or what he wanted to hear.

"I reckon it could have worked." My mouth dropped open and I just blinked at him. Where was this coming from? Why was he saying this?

"Seth, we ruined Roman's life. I couldn't have just carried it on." I managed to say. "I'm sorry." He looked to the floor and sighed.

"I know. I like to think it could have worked." He shrugged. "Dean and I were talking about you the other day, it just brought it all back."

"Why?" I questioned.

"I dunno, we were reminiscing about stuff I guess. We used to be so tight, the four of us." He sighed again.

"Well, I don't know if it'd be exactly the same, but maybe we could give it a try?" It was music to both our ears and we both smiled, only this time there was no fakeness to it.

"You could bring your boyfriend too, if you wanted." Seth pointed towards the room we did the signings in.

"Oh, he's not-"

"Lucy, you're up." A stagehand interrupted my conversation and grabbed my arm.

"I'll speak to you later." I managed to shout back as I was dragged towards the ramp.

"They've been looking for you everywhere, you're literally on stage in a minute!" He said, checking I looked alright before shooing me to the ramp. My music played loudly and echoed the arena, screams and chants filling the place. I ran out, waving and high-fiving the crowd before I slid into the ring and squared up to Paige to frighten her. Now the nerves were really building up; I was being watched my Thomas and possibly Seth. What made him say all those things? And why was he saying them now? Was he doing this on purpose so I didn't focus on my match or did he say it just because the time felt right for him and he completely forgot I was seconds away from a huge match? I sighed, as if defeated already. This match was an important one and now I had four guys on my mind. I hope I don't mess up.