Chapter 28 - Realisation

Roman's POV

I could feel the nerves building as my huge strides got me to where Seth had told me in minutes. What if Lucy had told him? What if he was just pretending to be ok with me on the phone and as soon as I got there he was going to let loose and Mark would fire us all? As I turned the corner, Seth was staring wide eyed with his head tilted at Lucy but when he saw me he instantly jumped up and away from her.

"Roman." He acknowledged, but Lucy didn't even so much as turn her head towards me. I know what I did was wrong, but can't she see why I did it? I needed to save our jobs. We were under caution already! 

"You alright Seth? Looking a little spooked." I referred back to the expression on his face. He nodded.

"Yeah. I mean we were just talking about Leighla and stuff." Seth said, looking a little nervous.

"Anything else? You weren't talking about me I hope!" I let out a hearty laugh but Seth and Lucy exchanged glances. They had been talking about me? What had left Seth so shocked? I needed to find out! "Seth, Dean wanted to talk to you. He's in the dressing room." I nodded my head in the general direction of the room and he took off without saying another word - probably glad to have gotten out of this situation, which was more than I can say for Lucy and I. I walked up to her and put my hand on her shoulder. The mere touch sent sparks through my fingertips and up my arms. I let out a small smile after a few seconds because she hadn't pulled away. She wasn't THAT mad at me.

"What?" Lucy's normally soft voice was harsh. Ok, so she was still pretty mad at me and I totally understand why.

"I need to talk to you." I said quickly.

"You didn't want to talk to me the past few days. What's different now?" Guilt hit me like a tonne of bricks and nearly knocked me off my feet. This was nothing like our encounter a few days ago; so loving and caring and even that sweet, sweet kiss. I knew I should have just gone with it at that drinking party. I should have just completed that dare.

"Lucy, you said you didn't want to talk to us anymore, I left it as that." I said, hoping not to hit a raw nerve. She shifted but still didn't turn around to me.

"Yes. I said I couldn't speak to you, that doesn't mean you couldn't try!" She finally looked round to me but she was sad and deflated. "After you came into the room and kissed me I thought you'd at least have tried to talk to me. There were meant to be feelings there!"

"There are feelings there." I said, correcting her. She sighed heavily and ran her fingers through her hair.

"So what happened then?" She said bluntly. "I've kept up this stupid lie of yours. I told Seth today that it was my fault. I'm doing what you asked of me for some reason or another but you can't even come and see me?"

"I'm sorry." I said, unable to think of any more to say. She was right. I'd been an idiot. I'd asked her to sacrifice so much yet here I was not even making the effort to talk to her. "You're right. Let me make it up to you. Let me take you out." Her face lit up for a second but dropped again.

"I can't go out. Not like this." She said. I looked her up and down but saw nothing wrong. What was I missing? 

"Like what?" I hoped she wouldn't bite my head off for not noticing.

"If you'd have watched my match, you'd have known." She said, once again deflated. This isn't how you're supposed to make a girl feel Roman. Get your act together or you're going to lose her. You're going to lose her to Seth. She turned her whole body round to me and with the greatest bit of strength and courage she turned her face so her right cheek was in my vision. My face dropped.

"What happened?" I said, lifting my hand to this red mark that ran across half her face. I ran my fingers across it and she winced in pain. "You need to see the-"

"I've already seen the medics. They said its ok." She said. "Paige swung the kendo stick with a little too much force." My stomach dropped. I'd missed the one match that I wanted desperately to see. She'd made it, and she'd shot up the rankings like a star. She fought on Main Event, WWE Live shows and then BAM they threw her in to Smackdown and Raw tapings. That was her Raw debut, fighting Paige in a No Disqualification match for a shot at the title and I was just too caught up to even think about it until it was too late. I had a lot of making up to do. "Do you know how difficult it was for me to come out of that match and have no one stood there to congratulate me or even just to hug me?" She broke the silence with a guilt wrenching question. "I've literally been on my own for the last few days with absolutely no one to talk to or be around. I could understand the others but you? I thought your feelings for me would have overlooked my words."

"Lucy, I can't apologise enough. Believe me, it's killing me inside right now. I've realised what an idiot I've been. I've asked you to do so much and I haven't repaid the favour at all." Looking at her in this fragile state, with that awful mark across her face, I knew I needed to act and act fast. I was losing her with every word. So maybe I shouldn't use words. I stroked her cheek again with my hand and then ran my fingers through her hair, before pulling her closer to me and gently pressing my lips on hers. She sucked a sharp breath in which meant I'd obviously caught her off-guard and taken her by surprise but at no point did she try and pull away, instead she deepened the kiss. She placed her cold hands on my cheeks and moved one back, running it through my hair. The fireworks in my stomach were back and they were shooting through my body. This was what I missed. This was what I needed. My body longer for her. I wanted to talk, to apologise, to tell her I was sorry and I would be a good man to her now, but I didn't want to break this moment. This is the first proper kiss we've shared and I don't want to ruin that.

"Hey guys, I couldn't find-" That voice cut through me like knives but not because it was annoying or even wrongly timed. It was because I knew it was Seth's. The kiss broke apart and we both looked over at him with sorry expressions on our faces. Part of me cursed his appearance but the other part knew this was only going to make the situation worse.

"So this is why you sent me away huh? Dean wasn't even in the room." Lucy sighed and put her head in her hands but his gaze bore into mine with an angered determination. "If you didn't want me here you could have just said. Why lie? What is with you guys and lying to me all the time?" He stormed off without a second glance and as I looked back to Lucy, she looked hurt and broken. I couldn't keep this up much longer if she was going to get so hurt by it.

 I'm going to need to tell him the truth.

Authors note: I'm on holiday for the next week, i'll still be writing but i wont be able to post it until i get back! <3 Thank you all for your support of this story!!