Chapter 15 - Mixed Emotions

“What are you talking about?” I said as if it didn’t bother me, but secretly I was screaming inside at the idea of making it in the Wrestling World! I imagined walking down the ramp and having the whole place cheering my name and seeing signs with my name on and I wished with every inch of my body that it would come true.

“I don’t want to ruin it, but I’ve just heard you’re shortlisted for a few different storylines and they’re amazing ones.” He said proudly.

“Can’t call me a newbie then, can you?” I teased. Seth rolled his eyes and smiled. It was a smile I hadn’t seen from him before, a smile that only the ones close to him had made him do before… People like Leighla. “Can I ask an off-topic question?” I don’t know what had made me think of it, but now it was in the front of my mind and I needed to know the answer. Something wasn’t right here.

“Sure…” Seth said, a little reluctantly.

“Where’s Leighla? Have you just left her on her own or does she know you’re with me?”  I asked hesitantly, hoping he had worked this all out properly. I saw him shift awkwardly and look towards the door.

“Umm…” He started, making me nervous. “Dean just called me up and I just ran out…” I stared at him in astonishment for a few seconds. Did he just say he ran out of his room to comfort me?

“You didn’t tell her where you were going?” I tried to hide the fact I was still speechless about the fact he’d heard there was something wrong with me and ran to my aid. RAN.

“No, she was in the shower and I couldn’t be bothered to wait for her to come out so I just text her phone saying I had to pop out with Dean and I was going to be back as soon as this thing was sorted.”

“You lied to her?”

“Well not exactly. I did have to run off to solve a problem and Dean is involved…” Seth continued.

“I just don’t want her to think-”

“She won’t. I’ll make sure of it. It’s fine!” I felt like we had run away from everyone to continue our love affair the way we were talking, but I couldn’t have everyone turning against each other anymore because of me. I needed to be careful.

“I’m only saying it because she nearly killed me last time…” I said, with a slight bit of humour in my voice. Looking back on it, it was quite funny but at the time I was terrified she was going to kill me! Seth giggled childishly. The room went quiet and we just gazed at each other for a few seconds. It was silent but not an awkward silence, I was just happy that he was here to cheer me up and just being in the same room as him was enough. I was one of those people who became really attached to people quite quickly and knowing these guys was everything to me. They could help me at work and out of work, they would be with me most of the time and no one would be nosing into our business because they don’t want to mess with them. Not to mention, they had girlfriends I could really get along with and that’s just more people for me to love!

“All I’m saying is I don’t want everyone to know about it, alright??” We both jumped at the sound of Roman’s booming voice.

“Who knows Roman? Paige, Lucy and me. That’s all.” Dean’s voice was a lot quieter and strangely soothing.

“I’ll explain it to her when I’m ready. Don’t you go running your mouth, ok?” I could feel my heart speeding up and thumping harder. Did they know I could hear them? Seth kept moving his gaze between the door and myself, making me even more nervous.

“I won’t!” Dean sighed. “But you need to say something to her when you go back in there…”

“I’ll think of something.” Roman said, his voice quieter. “God, I hope she doesn’t hate me.” I breathed out a small sigh of relief and a smile. I would never hate you.

“Well get your ass in there and speak to her.” They rattled at the door, trying to unlock it.

“Quick, act like we weren’t listening into their conversation!” Seth laughed as they finally managed to open the door and walk into the room.

“Well, at least she’s over the worst of it now.” I said, stopping when I heard them walk closer to me. I looked around slowly, hoping to be greeted by a pair of sorry eyes but instead, I noticed a tense and quite angry Roman and a sheepish Dean.

“What’s he doing here?” Roman looked between the three of us. Dean looked to me to get Seth out of this.

“Seth just came over to apologise for Leighla earlier. He wanted to check I was alright.” I lied through my teeth to save Seth. Once again, I wanted to help everyone else more than myself. Maybe telling Roman the truth would have made him realise he embarrassed me.

“Really?” Roman said, unsure of my story.

“Yeah. Leighla asked me to check on her. She felt really bad after everything.” Seth carried on the lie. “And wanted me to check Lucy remembered her breakfast was being paid for. I’d better be getting back anyway, I only popped out for a minute.” Seth stood up and slipped past Roman and Dean and out of the room.

“Does he know about what happened?” Roman barked at me. I jumped back a little and shook my head, terrified of what he might do if I said he did.

“Roman!” Dean slapped a hand on his shoulder. “Calm down! Don’t make this worse for yourself.” Roman ran his fingers through his hair and sighed. He paced around the room for a moment, trying to gather up the courage to talk to me.

“I don’t care about what happened.” I said, lying to them and myself. I just assumed if I pretended it didn’t bother me, we’d all go back to how we were. “If you had a reason that’s fine, I’m not going to pester for it, if you never want to tell me I’m happy with that.” Roman stopped pacing and looked over to me. It was still silent, but once again I was just content with the company I had. “I don’t hate you.” The tenseness of Roman’s body instantly loosened and the scowl on his face disappeared.

“Don’t take it personally, Lucy.” Roman finally spoke. “It’s nothing to do with you. There is nothing wrong with you. It’s just-” He stopped and fought with himself about whether he should just tell me now or not. Dean stayed silent, not wanting to make the situation any worse. “I’ll tell you, don’t worry. Just not right now. Soon. Maybe.” I could tell he was kicking himself for not being able to tell me but I offered him a comforting smile to calm him down again.

“There’s only one problem.” I said, leaving everyone on edge with my dramatic pause. “Who’s sleeping where tonight?” The guys looked at each other and then back at me in confusion. “If you want me on the sofa bed that’s fine, I don’t mind. If either of you aren’t comfortable sharing a bed with me.” The confused expressions turned into smiles, obviously happy that there wasn’t an actual serious problem ensuing.  

“I’m happy to take the sofa bed too.” Dean added, trying to hint that me and Roman should share the bed. “No offense buddy but I don’t want to share a bed with you.” Dean patted Roman’s shoulder and walked over to his small suitcase, unzipping it and getting his toiletries and clothes out.

“Well I don’t want to share with you either.” Roman laughed at Dean. “I think Dean taking the sofa bed would be best, if he shared a bed with you I don’t know how Paige would feel about it.” Roman said, blatantly attempting to make up an excuse.

“That’s fine with me.” I smiled. “But you’d better not snore.” Roman chuckled.

“I could say the same to you!”

“Alright guys, come on. We’ve got a busy day ahead of us and I need Roman to be well rested to drive us everywhere.” Dean said as he got his toothbrush and toothpaste out of his suitcase. “But I’ve got the bathroom first.” He ran in there and slammed the door shut, locking it.