Chapter 20 - Broken Hearts

After a quick trip to the medic's room, I spent the next 4 hours with Paige and Mark. We went through the script, practiced our moves and spoke about what we would like to do in the match that would air in only a few days' time. Tonight was just a 'WWE Live' show so there were no TV crews, just the WWE photographer. When we felt like we'd perfected our story, we made our way out of the training room and got dressed into our normal clothes again. I sent a message to Seth asking if he wanted to go for lunch before the show which he happily accepted. It was now time to put the plan in place.

I met Seth outside the arena and got into his car. I told him about a restaurant I'd heard of in town and he agreed we should eat there. Little did he know I'd picked the restaurant Mila worked at.

We arrived at the restaurant and walked in, being seated at a table for two in the middle of the restaurant. A waitress came over to us, pen and paper in hand and a huge grin on her face.

"Welcome to Le Stagioni. My name is Dana, I'll be your server today. What drinks can I get you?" She stared down at Seth with lust in her eyes. She swept her blond hair from her face and smiled.

"Just water for both of us please." Seth said, barely even looking at her.

"Sorry to ask, Dana, but is Mila working now? I know she was scheduled for the late shift but I tried calling her and she didn't pick up." I saw Dana shift awkwardly, her gaze darting to a table behind us, near the back of the restaurant.

"No, sorry she's not on duty at the moment. Have you tried calling her again since?" Dana said, looking like she was under pressure.

"That's no problem, thank you. I'll call her tonight." I smiled. Dana walked off quickly to get our water, leaving us alone to look at the menus.

"Who's Mila?" Seth said, looking up from his menu.

"Just a girl I know." I said, sneakily pulling my phone out under the table and texting Roman that she wasn't working but she might be in the restaurant and he replied instantly saying he would call her. "Did you see that waitress was all over you?" I changed the subject, hoping I would be able to keep an ear out for a ring tone.

"Yeah, I hate when people are like that. I like to work for her, not have her throw herself at me." He said, looking back down at his menu nervously. There was something not right with Seth today either. Maybe he spoke to Leighla?

"So, did you manage to-" I stopped myself as a ringtone was heard echoing through the restaurant. I shot a glare behind me and studied every face there until I saw a girl answer the phone and the room went quiet again. She had shoulder length brown hair and light eyes from the look of it. When she answered the phone she shot that picture perfect colgate smile at the guy she was with. It was her. It was Mila. My heart sunk for him. Poor Roman.

"Lucy?" Seth brought me from my thoughts. "You never finished your question..."

"Oh yeah, sorry..." I said, feeling like an idiot. I was getting too involved in everyone's lives to hold a conversation with a friend. "Did you manage to speak to Leighla?" He looked away and back again.

"No, not yet. I think I'm scared of the outcome." He said honestly.

"Well, what are you planning to say to her?" I asked carefully. As Seth began his answer, my phone buzzed in my hand and I saw a text from Roman asking me if she was there. I have to answer him honestly, right? I sent back a reply that just said 'I'm sorry' and brought my attention back to Seth.

"So yeah, I think I'm going to break up with her." I stared at him wide eyed. Dana walked over with the water and took our orders for lunch, trying not to make eye contact with either of us after she embarrassed herself earlier.

"Did you do what I said?" I asked, hoping he hadn't just said it minutes before.

"Yeah, I've really thought about it. Leighla and I have had a lot of struggles in our relationship and I don't see us recovering." Seth said, running his fingers through his hair.

"Yeah but I told you to go on a date with her. You should still try that. Do it tomorrow and see how it goes." I didn't want to be surrounded by people breaking up with each other. At some point I would have to deal with Roman after finding out Mila was out with another guy and then I'd have to deal with Leighla and Seth talking to me about their failing relationship.

"What if I don't want to?" Seth said suddenly. I tried not to looked too shocked as Dana brought our lunch to our table and left again. We tucked in to our meals quickly, knowing we didn't have much time before we had to be back at the arena for the show

"Why would you not want to help your current relationship?" I questioned.

"Because I'm fed up of it."

"Just remember, Seth, you don't even know if this girl likes you! Don't break your relationship up for a girl who likes someone else." My phone buzzed once again and I quickly looked down to see another text from Roman that told me to look behind me. I did as it said and saw Mila kissing the guy she was with across the table - well when I said kissing, it was more like the worst PDA I'd ever seen. I wanted to run over there and punch them both but I knew that wouldn't be good for me or my job. I looked back down at my phone and stared at in quizzically. How did Roman know what was happening? He was meant to be training! I looked over to the windows and saw Roman standing there, broken and angry.

"Seth... I gotta go. I'm so sorry." I said quickly, my gaze not moving from Roman. Please tell me he isn't going to come and storm in here and make a scene... I threw my money on the table and left the restaurant, speeding over to him.

"Roman, let's go." I put my hands on his chest and nudged him slightly but he wouldn't move. He was frozen to the spot watching his girlfriend of six months kissing another guy. "Come on!" I shoved him back and he stumbled sideways but still didn't want to move. "Let's go to a bar and get a drink." I hooked my arm through his and pulled him into his car, sitting him in the passenger seat. As much as the sound of a drink made him move, I was going to be a good friend... I drove his car carefully back to the arena, parking near the entrance. I was terrified he was going to scream at me for not taking him to a bar, but I thought just sitting in a room and talking about it would be better medicine. I opened the door of the car and walked with him to the room I'd previously been with Seth because I knew it was free. Roman didn't say a word. I shut the door and sat down on the sofa next to him.

"I'm so sorry you had to see that." I said to him. I didn't know what to say or what to do. He'd just had his heart broken again. How could she do this to him? He was so kind and gentle and protective. If he was with me this wouldn't have happened.

"I knew I was right." He said, staring off into the distance. I put my hand on his shoulder.

"You deserve better than that. Obviously. People like her give girls like me a bad name and I hate it. If you have a good guy why would you leave him?" I said, beginning to vent my own frustrations in life. I hadn't had much luck in my relationships and all the guys I did meet just wanted me for a quick fling which I wasn't up for. I'm one of those who likes the idea of a long term relationship and spending your time impressing one guy, not fifteen. That one guy would be Roman. It clicked in my head almost instantly; I really liked him and that's why I got so affected when he rejected me. I wanted it to spark something.

"Well, when you have a fan following it's never that easy." Roman said, still avoiding my gaze.

"Oh come on!" I said, sighing. "If you love someone, celebrity or not, you stick by them. If anything the person who sticks by you when you're famous is better because they have to deal with millions of other girls wanting you!" I said, hoping to get it into his head that not everyone was the same.

"Or they just want your money." He corrected me. "That's all girls want. There's not a girl in the world who would love me because of who I am. It'd be because they'd get some fame out of it or because they could spend all my money." I rolled my eyes. I'm never going to win this. I stood up and walked towards the door, giving it up as a bad job. When he's calmed down he can come and talk to me. I opened the door, but turned round to him before I exited.

"No Roman." I corrected him. "There is a girl in the world who would love you for you... And she's walking out of the door right now." I said as I walked out, slamming the door behind me.