Chapter 17 - Advice Giver

The journey to the training centre was awful. I sat, eyes barely open, clutching a large black coffee in the hope I would survive the rest of today. Dean sat in the passenger’s seat texting Paige and giggling at his phone and Roman just sat in silence, keeping his eyes on the road and his mouth shut. My phone buzzed in my pocket and I pulled it out, seeing I’d received two messages – one from Paige and one from Seth.

Paige: Hey babe! Thanks again for helping me out. It’s all going great. I’ll fill you in when I see you. Mark wants us to sort out our rivalry match and wants it on RAW!!! OMG!!!

I squealed with excitement and replied back quickly, my hands shaking.

Lucy: Paige you better not be joking me right now! That’s amazing!! Speak to you soon, should be there in about 10 minutes!

My hands still shaking from excitement and nervousness, I opened the text from Seth.

Seth: I need to speak with you when you get to the TC.

My body immediately lost all happiness and stopped shaking. It filled with anxiety and fear. The smile on my face faded instantly. What could Seth possibly have to say to me as soon as I got to the training centre? Was it to do with last night? Once again my head filled with things to think about and I was overcome by them. Do I reply? What shall I say?

“Lucy?” I looked up from my phone to see Dean and Roman both looking at me, parked up in the training centre.

“Yeah?”

“We’ve been sitting here talking to you and you were just in your own little world.” Roman said, the look of wonder on his face. I hope he didn’t think I was telling someone about Mila.

“Sorry! I’m so tired, I don’t know if I was half asleep or something. I had no idea you guys were talking!” I panicked. I hope they don’t think I’m just rude and ignoring them!

“It’s alright. I just said we’ve arrived here before schedule…” Roman said, a cheery grin on his face. “So I’m going to make a phone call and Dean is going to see if Paige is here. Training starts in twenty.” We all got out the car and Roman and Dean walked off in different directions.

“Great.” I mumbled to myself. “Roman’s gone to talk to his girlfriend, Dean’s gone to see his and lonely old me is going to do what exactly?” My phone vibrated in my pocket and I jumped, pulling it out and answering a call from Seth. Seeing his name made me nervous and I knew that I’d spend the next twenty minutes talking to him about whatever thing it was.

“Seth?” I questioned just in case it was Leighla.

“I’ve just seen Dean so I assume you’re here?” Wow. Whatever he wanted to talk to me about was obviously too important for a ‘Hi Lucy how are you?’

“Yeah I’m standing outside like a loner.”

“Where’s Roman?” Seth said, making sure I was alone.

“Dunno.” I lied. “He walked off talking on his phone.”

“Meet me at the entrance.” He said and hung up the phone before I could even come up with a reply. What on earth was bothering him? Why was he being so uptight about everything? I made my way to the entrance quickly and stood in the hallway looking for him. A black and blonde head caught my attention and I rushed over to Seth, leaning against the wall clicking the lock button of his phone over and over again.

“Alright?” I said, not sure of the best way to greet him. He looked up from his phone and then behind me, checking no one was around. He grabbed my arm and pulled me into the room he was standing next to without a word. “Seth?! What the hell’s gotten into you?”