Chapter 8 - TV Time

Paige pinned Summer Rae and the ref counted 1...2...3! Paige's music echoed through the arena and the crowd stood up and cheered. Paige slid out of the ring and grabbed the microphone strutting cockily back into the ring as Summer recovered from that fight. I couldn't help but smile thinking about Summer's reaction to finding out she would have to lose this match and not have a shot at the Divas title. It sounds evil but she was horrible to Frenzy and I have no time for bullies.

"Hey Lucy!" I spun round quickly, looking out for whoever called me. I saw Dean, Roman and Seth walking towards me and one part of me felt happy while the other felt nervous.

"Hi guys!" I smiled, trying my best to avoid eye contact with Seth.

"What you doing over here?" Roman asked, noticing I was standing by the small TV screens dressed in my wrestling outfit.

"I'm literally about to run out there!" I pointed to the tv screen as the camera panned round the crowd and then stopped on Paige. "Wish me luck!" Dean and Roman said it instantly but Seth stood gobsmacked about what he had just heard. I headed to the stage and waited just out of sight from everybody, waiting for Paige to say the line.

"See that? Noone can beat me! Noone will take this title from me." Paige laughed evilly. "Anyone want to challenge me? Come on if you think you can fight me!" That was the line. It was my time to shine! The butterflies hit me instantly and I felt the nausea creep up. Everything I had trained for was for this. I was about to go out and be on SmackDown! My fight with Frenzy wad great but it was only a pre-show fight. This one was proper. I was about to be on tv! My music hit and I stormed out and down the ramp, high-fiving some people in the audience before making my way up the stairs and into the ring with a microphone in hand.

"You shouldn't make open offers like that, Paige." I began, hoping my tone and body language were hiding the nerves I was actually feeling. The crowd were silent, but in a good way, clinging onto every word.

"Who are you?" Paige asked, looking me up and down.

"Lucy. You may remember my debut fight with Frenzy being more of a talking point than your fight against Layla..." I said cockily. The crowd clapped and cheered, some going 'Ooh'.

"Look at you, out here like you're actually skilled enough to fight someone like me." She laughed. "There's a reason I'm the one holding this belt."

"Not for much longer." I said, quickly throwing the mic down and running at her. I jumped on her, pushing her down to the floor and punched her over and over. I quickly got up and climbed to the top rope doing a jumping elbow drop. Paige lay on the floor as I picked up her belt and raised it above my head. I grabbed the mic from the floor.

"Looks like I am too skilled for you, Paige. Who's the one holding the belt now?" I threw the mic down at her and placed the belt back in her hand before walking calmly back up the ramp and backstage. The nerves had vanished and had been replaced by adrenaline. I'd done it. I'd gone out there and remembered my lines and by the sound of it, we'd done it well. I ran back to where I'd been standing before, the guys still standing there with their eyes glued to the screen.

"Wow." Dean said, slowly moving his gaze from the screen to me. "You've got some serious in ring skill there. Not many newbies could pull that off." He let out an almost proud smile as he put his arm around my shoulders.

"Not forgetting that no newbie has jumped straight on tv with a storyline debut." Roman smiled happily.

"Paige did." Seth was quick to rain on my parade. The happiness I felt instantly fell through the floor and was replaced with a feeling of uselessness.

"She had been wrestling since she was 13. Thats not a newbie." Dean argued. I could tell this was getting to him, Paige was his girlfriend - or ex-girlfriend - and he was sticking up for me over her.

"Enough guys." Roman said harshly. "Lets not ruin her debut!" The word debut gave me butterflies. People are going to know who I am, they're going to buy my merchandise and follow me on twitter and ask for my autograph and...

"Hey guys!" A female wrestler walked over to the guys and hugged them. She wore a gold wrestling outfit which complimented her tanned skin and dark hair. "Are you coming to the party tonight? I'm so excited!"

"Definitely!" Seth said with a nod.

"We're in!" Roman said looking at Dean, who nodded approvingly.

"Are you coming?" She looked straight at me with a loving smile on her face.

"Umm..." I said, looking at Seth and back to her. "I didn't think I was invited, being a newbie and all." She shook her head as if she was offended.

"Of course you are invited! You work here don't you?" She let out a giggle. "Plus I'd like to get to know the new girl! I loved your piece out there with Paige, that was brilliant. You have some serious skill!"

"Thank you!" I gleamed "Well in that case, yes I definitely will be there!" I paused, suddenly realising I knew nothing of the time or location. "You know, if I knew where it was." They all let out a small laugh. Dean put his arm around me and squeezed me slightly. "Roman is driving me, so he can take you too. Alright?" I nodded.

"Are you bringing Leighla, Seth?" There was sudden tension in the air as we all looked at each other waiting for Seth's reply. Would he really bring the girl who could most likely kill me at this party?

"Of course Rosa, she's really looking forward to it!" Rosa squealed with happiness, gleaming that her plan was coming together so well and everyone was going. I, however, had lost my smile and it had been replaced by a look of betrayal, shock and fear. This was going to be my last day in WWE.