Chapter 50 - Fight Night

We arrived at my hotel and stood outside, ready to say goodbye. I'd had a great night with Thomas, it was great to catch up on everything and to feel like I finally had a friend that was there when I needed them.

"Thanks, Tom. I had a really great night!" I smiled as I fiddled with the hem of my bag. Why was I still so nervous around him. "You really didn't have to pay for that meal though, I was more than happy to."

"I wanted to treat you. It sounds like you've had some rough times, I thought it'd be nice." He grinned.

"And it was. I really appreciate it! I'm sorry, I feel like I'm running off. I would stay out later but I've got so much to do for the match on Friday, I need to train really early... Hopefully we can meet up again soon though. It's been great!"

"Don't worry, Lucy. I understand you're on a tight schedule. I'm here for another couple of weeks so keep in touch and let me know when you're free! And good luck for your match on Friday!" Thomas pulled me in for a hug that I didn't want to come out of, one that was so warm and inviting and loving.

"Thank you Thomas. You've really cheered me up." I said into his chest.

"And it's been great seeing you too. I've really missed you." He said as he lay his head on top of mine.

"I've missed you too. I'll make sure I see you again." We pulled out of the hug neither of us wanted to leave and stood inches apart just smiling at each other. Moments like this didn't come often now, I needed to treasure it.

NO WAY OUT!!! My phone screamed out from my pocket as a guitar solo filled both our ears. I sighed and stuffed my hand in my pocket, part of me wanting to just hit 'End Call' before I'd seen who it was. I yanked my phone out and looked at the screen. Dean's name flashed up with his picture as the Bullet For My Valentine song continued to play. I huffed.

"Sorry, I've got to take this." I said to Thomas as I took a few steps away and answered it.

"Lucy?" Dean shouted down the phone before I had a chance to say 'Hi'. He sounded stressed, like when Roman had argued with Ryback. My stomach dropped instantly. Something was wrong.

"Dean? What's wrong?"

"We're out and this girl is trying to start a fight with Paige and-" I didn't need to hear any more.

"Where are you? I'll be there in a minute." Dean gave me the address of a club only a few minutes from where I was staying. They were in luck. I hung up and stuffed my phone in my pocket.

"Is everything alright?" Thomas asked me but I simply shook my head.

"Someone's trying to start a fight with my friend, I've got to go and help..." I said, but as soon as I'd finished I noticed him look a little defeated. "I'm so sorry, Tom. I don't want to leave you like this."

"It's fine, I understand." He smiled, but it didn't look genuine. "I'll see you again soon hopefully."

"There's no hopefully about it." I smiled. I walked past him to get to the club but stopped and ran back to him, embracing him in one last hug.

"I love you Lucy." He whispered to me.

"I love you too Tom. I'll see you soon, I promise." I whispered back before reluctantly pulling out of the hug and running towards the club, watching as Tom disappeared into the distance.

The club was packed and I knew this was going to be a difficult find. I managed to get past security and weaved through a load of drunken messes before someone grabbed onto my wrist. I clenched my other fist and was ready to swing at them but as I looked round I noticed it was Dean, looking as scared as he sounded on the phone. He dragged me through the people and out the backdoor into an alleyway, where Paige stood being held back by Roman, Seth standing between Paige and this other girl who looked drunk.