Chapter 41 - Spear!

The bell rang, signifying the beginning of the match and I glared at Paige, ready for this title match. She pointed at the title and pointed back at herself. I shook my head and laughed.

“I’m leaving this match with the title!” Paige shouted at me, still staying in her corner.

“Let’s see if you even leave the match in one piece.” I threatened. We ran at each other, Paige going to lock up but I ducked her arm and struck her in the back with a heavy punch. She fell to her knees, giving me the opportunity to kick her in the back. I grabbed her by the hair and slammed her head into the mat, taunting her afterwards. I climbed up to the top rope, raised my arms and put my thumbs and fingers together before I leapt off the ropes, only to land on Paige’s knees as she raised them. I rolled away from her and clutched my stomach. She stood up and let out one of her primal screams.

“This is my house!” She shouted, the crowd cheering. I used the ropes to get up and stood in the corner, still clutching my stomach. She ran at me in the corner and elbowed me, causing me to fall back down to the floor. She grabbed one arm and leg and dragged me away from the corner. She gripped my hair and slammed my head into the mat a few times before putting me in her submission manoeuvre, the PTO. I fought through it and wiggled around to try and escape it but I couldn’t. Paige moved her head forward so it was closer to my ear and whispered that she was going to win but just as she finished speaking I flung my head back and headbutted her making her drop me. I crawled away from her and stood up.

“How many people have got out of that?” I ridiculed Paige. “None?” She ran at me, throwing a punch but I ducked out of the way and she ran into the ropes. I quickly slid under the bottom rope and kicked her in the face so she stumbled backwards, both hands holding her face. I got up and ran at her, delivering a drop kick to her chest. I pinned her.

“1…2…” She kicked out after two and the ref got up and out of the way quickly. I sat over her and punched her in the head over and over until the referee pulled me away from me. I pulled my arm out of his grip and sneered at him. I ran up to her and kicked her in the side and then in the back as she rolled over.

“This is my house!” I mimicked to the crowd, who were split between cheering and booing me. Paige slowly got up, still unsteady on her feet and I ran at her, delivering a hard-hitting clothesline. She fell to the floor and rolled out of the ring, staggering over to the announce table that she used to hold herself up.

“1…2…3…4…” Paige walked back up to the apron as I walked over to her, standing close to the ropes. She grabbed my feet and pulled them under the bottom rope so I fell down but kept pulling me until I fell out of the ring. She quickly jumped back into the ring and the ref began counting at me. I climbed back up onto the apron and over the second rope as Paige ran at me, kicking me in the face. I fell to the floor and she pulled me away from the ropes, pinning me.

“1…2…” I kicked out to Paige’s shock. I got up with every ounce of strength I had left and grabbed Paige by her hair, pulling her up to her feet too. She punched me in the stomach, causing me to let go of her hair but then I grabbed her head and pulled it down as I lifted my knee up. I staggered backwards, clutching at my stomach once more. I ran at her and delivered a roundhouse kick to her head and she fell to the floor. I pinned her again.

“1…2…” She kicked out again and I screamed out in frustration.

“3 ref. Can you count to three?” I screamed at him. I stood up , squaring up to the referee breathing heavily. Paige attacked me from behind, grabbing my head and throwing it forwards so I butted heads with the referee who fell to the floor. I turned round to Paige who was holding a steel chair with a huge smirk on her face. She pushed the closed chair into my stomach and I fell to my knees before she smacked the chair into my back. I fell to the floor and she hit me with it a few more times before quickly throwing it out of the ring as the referee stirred. She ran over to the ref and moved him nearer to us as she pinned me.

“1…2…3!” The bell rang and Paige stood up, cheering.

“Your winner and still Divas Champion, Paige!” Her music began to play. I rolled out of the ring, grabbing the chair she used to hit me. I climbed back in the ring as her back was towards me and I ran at her, striking her with the chair so she fell to her knees like I had done. I then hit it against her back and she fell to the floor.

“Don’t cheat against me!” I shouted at her. “She used this chair against me!” I said to the ref but he simply shrugged. I hit the chair against her a few more times before I turned her over and sat over her, punching her in the face repeatedly. Dean’s music sounded and he ran down the ramp and slid into the ring, pulling me off Paige and throwing me into the corner. The audience were screaming, cheering and clapping. They were really enjoying this!

“Stop it!” Dean ordered but I shook my head, trying to run past him but he grabbed me by the waist and threw me back in the corner.

“Get out! This isn’t your fight!” I shouted at Dean. I ran past him and ducked his arm, jumping back at Paige and punching and kicking her like a maniac. The crowd went wild again as Dean grabbed me and pulled me away, only for me to punch him in the face. He dropped me to the floor and held his face. He grabbed my hair and pulled me to my feet, pulling his fist back and punching me in the face too. I fell to the floor and crawled into the corner. Dean walked over and helped Paige to her feet and the two of them marched over to me, both of them punching and kicking me in the corner in a two-on-one attack. Seth’s music sounded and the crowd screamed again. He ran down the ramp and slid into the ring, jumping Dean and pulling him and Paige away from me. He pushed Paige into the corner and set about beating up Dean. I stood up and ran at Paige, squashing her into the corner. I grabbed her hair as I climbed onto the top rope, delivering a vicious top rope bulldog. She lay still on the floor and I turned my attention to Dean. I ran at him and did a drop kick so that he stumbled into the corner post and Seth and I walked over to the corner, kicking him into the ground. With both of them down, we walked into the middle of the ring and raised our arms in celebration.

“That’s what I’m talking about!” Seth shouted. He pulled me in for a hug and kissed the top of my head. “Roman’s coming.” He whispered into my ear as we hugged and he gave me details of what I had to do next. I couldn’t believe Creative had thought this up. Let’s hope I sell this well. Roman’s music sounded and the crowd went crazy once more. He ran down the ramp and into the ring, microphone in hand.

“Is that what it’s all about Seth?” Roman said into the microphone. “Stealing my girlfriend in front of Dean and the WWE Universe because you think you can get what you want?” Seth pushed me away from him and held his hands up in surrender.

“No, no, no.” Seth said, laughing. “You see-” Roman held his hand up and silenced him. He quickly got another microphone and handed it to Seth.

“I want the world to hear the nonsense that comes out of your mouth.” Roman said and the crowd cheered.

“That was just something to wind Dean up.” Seth laughed nervously.

“Really? Well you did a good job.” Roman said harshly. Seth looked back at me and then to Roman.

“Well, I know something you didn’t do a very good job of and that was saving your girlfriend when she was being beaten down by Dean and Paige.” Seth criticised. “I had to run out there and help her because her big, strong, perfect boyfriend was… Well, where were you Roman?” Seth held his hands out. “Where?”

“I don’t have to answer to you!” Roman barked.

“Why do you think Team Luth is even a thing? Because you weren’t there. Just like you weren’t today. Is your title run more important than your girlfriend?” The crowd jeered and booed. Roman threw his microphone on the floor and ran at Seth, superman punching him. Seth staggered backwards to where I was standing and fell to the floor. He got back to his feet and used my shoulder as a leaning post to which I folded my arms and rolled my eyes. Roman got into the corner of the ring as Seth stood up, finally taking his hand off my shoulder. Roman ran at him once more ready to spear him but this time Seth grabbed me and pulled me in between him and Roman and backed away. Roman’s spear hit me at full force and I fell to the floor, clutching my stomach and crying out in pain. The crowd booed loudly and shouted things at Roman and Seth.  Seth slid out of the ring and ran up the ramp before Roman had time to catch him. He ran back to me and slid to my side.

“I’m so sorry!” Roman said, offering his hand to help me up but I pushed it away from me. The crowd gasped. I stood up and limped out of the ring and up the ramp, followed by Dean, Paige and a very sorry Roman Reigns.