Chapter 23 - What Happened?

I couldn’t hide the grin on my face. They already want me to have my own merchandise? I’ve been in WWE for no time at all and I’m already in a televised rivalry with Paige and I’m talking about my own merchandise! I walked back to my dressing room with the smile frozen on my face and my heart pumping hard and fast. I’m finally making it!

“Lucy?” Dean called from behind me. I turned around and saw him running towards me. I hugged him quickly.

“You alright?” I asked, noticing his big grin too.

“Yeah! Paige and I are back on and I couldn’t be happier, thank you for that!” He said hugging me again. “How’s everything with you now?” My grin faded a little as I thought back to what had happened since I’d last seen Dean.

“Well apart from having to have chats with Seth and Roman, being driven out of the arena and back in it and then having to go out there like nothing had happened, I’m fantastic!” I said, a hint of sarcasm hiding the actual excitement in my words.

“What’s up with those two?” Dean said, looking at me confusedly.

“I wish I understood it Dean. You’re all too confusing. I’ll leave it for them to tell you because I’ve probably got it all wrong!” Dean shook his head. “But in better news, Mark pulled me to the side and said he wants me to have merchandise designed!” Dean’s face lit up. “And he wants me to compete in a tag team battle against The Bellas with Frenzy!”

“That’s fantastic!” Dean’s smile grew. “You’ve really done it! You’ve been in WWE for a couple of months and you’re already having your merchandise designed? They’ve obviously got some good things ahead for you!”

“Well you can thank Paige for that. She’s been really accepting of me for this storyline!” I said, the grin on my face growing again.

“She only accepts people with talent. She would have happily told Mark if she thought you weren’t ready.” Dean said truthfully. “Look, I better get ready for my match but I’ll see you soon alright?” Dean put his hand on my shoulder.

“Oh yeah sure, sorry to have kept you! Good luck!” I gave him a hug and he started walked back to his dressing room.

“Thank you!” He called back as he sprinted off to get ready. I walked into my dressing room and collapsed down on the sofa. What a day this had turned out to be! I’d had to speak to Seth, then sort Roman out, nearly get run over, get in the car only to be driven away, nearly get punched, drive back here, get my eye injury sorted, sort out my storyline with Paige, meet Seth for lunch, see Roman’s girlfriend cheating on him, calm Roman down but then get in an argument with him, perform my piece with Paige and then talk about the future of my career. Surely that’s my quota for drama done for the day. Please let the rest of the day be pleasant.
There was a knock at my door and I already knew what I’d just wished for wasn’t going to happen.

“Who is it?” I called out as I threw a jumper on over my wrestling gear.

“Seth.” My stomach dropped but at the same time I got butterflies. I walked over to the door and unlocked it, opening it to see Seth leaning against the frame.

“What’s up?” I asked him, noticing he was quite nervous.

“I need to talk to you.” He said forcefully. “It’s important.” I swallowed the lump in my throat and prayed it was something good he was coming in here to say. I stood to the side and gestured for him to come in but he stopped and looked down the corridor. “Hold on one second, Mark’s calling me.” I poked my head out of the room and saw Mark waving over to Seth. I shrugged and went back in, shutting the door and sitting back on the sofa for the second time. Surely I will have enough time to myself to get changed now! I pulled at the bottom of my jumper and starting pulling it off when the door swung open and Roman revealed himself. I pulled my jumper back down quickly.

“Sorry!” Roman said, looking away from me quickly.

“There is a thing called ‘Knocking’ you know?” I huffed as I slumped back on the sofa once more. “What do you want?” I cocked my head to the side a little and waited for Roman to speak. He looked a little hurt at the way I spoke to him but what did he expect after shunning me?

“I need to talk to you.” He said, urgency in his tone.

“Well you’ll have to get in line because Seth wants to talk to me and he was here first.” I said, pointing to the side. Roman looked over in the direction Seth walked to speak to Mark.

“But he’s talking to Mark. I just need you for a couple of minutes. Please?” He started to beg. I’m sure Seth wouldn’t be too upset if I just spoke to Roman for a few minutes – he’s busy anyway. I sighed and rolled my eyes.

“Fine. Make it quick.” He walked in and sat next to me on the sofa, turning his body so he was facing me.

“Lucy, I’m so sorry for how I acted earlier. You have to understand I was really confused about everything, I’d just had my heart broken again and I thought I could never find someone who would actually like me and stay with me.” My heart sunk with every word. I’d been way too harsh on him. He’d been through so much and I was there just thinking about myself.

“No, Roman. I’m sorry. I didn’t know what you were going through and I didn’t think. I just got upset when you said we were all the same and wouldn’t love you for who you are just after I’d risked my job standing there when you were angry trying to help you.”

“Don’t apologise. I was way out of line. I shoved you when you were trying to help me. I scared you. I can never forgive myself for that.” Roman looked down at the floor.

“But I did. I forgave you. A broken heart can make you do things you wouldn’t do normally. I could never hate you, remember?” I said, a small smile on my face. I wanted to spend time with him. I needed it.

“I don’t deserve someone like you in my life. You’re beautiful, thoughtful, you’re willing to drop everything to help me and I don’t think I could ever repay you for everything you’ve done for me.” My heart was melting as he looked into my eyes. No man had ever said words like that to me before. I opened my mouth to reply but he put his finger to my lips. “There’s only one thing I can think of doing.” He moved closer to me and pressed his lips against mine. Fireworks exploded in my stomach and my mind ran wild. I’d waited so long for this to happen and it was finally happening. I was kissing him and it was worth waiting for. If only he’d done this when we had played ‘Truth or Dare’. He ran his fingers through my hair and as he pulled away he stroked my cheek.

“Wow.” I managed to say, gulping down all the feelings that had just come forwards. I brushed my hair back into place and looked away nervously at the door, only to see Seth standing in the doorway, frozen to the spot.

“Oh shit.” Roman mumbled under his breath after following my stare. My gaze switched between the two of them.

“Seth?” I said quietly. He stared at the two of us in disbelief. He shook his head with a grimace on his face, slammed his hand on the door frame and stormed away. I stood up quickly to follow him but Roman grabbed my arm and pulled me back to the sofa.

“Just leave him. Let him calm down first.”