Chapter 6 - Phone Calls

“Well I suggest you speak to her soon!” Roman added quickly. “She might think you were trying to hide it from her if you leave it.” Seth shifted awkwardly as he tried his best to think of something to say that wouldn’t sound bad to Leighla but in the corner of my eye I could see Dean smirking. I shot him a glare but he just continued to smirk as he stared back at me.

“Looks like karma has come around to bite you.” Dean said to Seth, the Cheshire cat grin still on his face. Seth scowled at him but looked back down at his phone.

“What the hell am I meant to say?” He looked over to Roman and I. It was all well and good that we told him but now we all stood there with no clue what to do next. “God, this is the last time I help anyone when all it does is ruin me.” He mumbled as he scrolled through his phone. Guilt hit me full force in the chest and I felt it tighten. I didn’t mean for this to happen… I didn’t want to ruin Seth’s life, I only scratched my eyebrow for goodness sake! Roman put an arm around me, noticing the upset on my face.

“He doesn’t mean it. He gets like this when things don’t go his way.” Roman whispered to me. I smiled at him, appreciating the nice gesture but still feeling like I had screwed up Seth’s future.

“See, this is the problem when you associate yourself with ‘some newbie wrestler’.” Dean said to Seth, using the air quotes gesture as he spoke the last bit. Seth immediately stopped scrolling and slowly looked up to me, the hurt now obvious on my face. He looked over to Dean and put his phone in his pocket, walking over to him until he was only a few feet from him.

“Why do you always have to open your big mouth?” Seth shoved Dean backwards into the wall he was standing by. I let out a gasp as Roman ran over to get in between them.

“I’m only telling poor Lucy what you called her… She deserves to know that she means nothing to you." Dean said smarmily.

"Dean, can we just not do this right now?" Seth spat at him. "Funnily enough I have more important things to do than play your stupid games!" Seth moved away from Roman and walked across the other side of the room, sitting down and putting his head in his hands. I thought of many things I could have said to him but as the 'newbie wrestler' I didn't want to upset him anymore.

“And funnily enough, I thought you had more important things to do than insult people who were trying to be friends with you.” Dean said, his face showing all the signs of enjoying winding him up.

“Please Dean, for once can you just shut the hell up?” Seth shouted, flinging his hands in the air in frustration. “You started this whole thing by bringing up Paige!” I knew immediately that this fight was far bigger than me going to the doctor’s room with Seth. I didn’t know who Paige was, I mean I knew of her from watching the shows but I hadn’t had the chance to speak to her yet.

“Yeah because you were getting away with everything I got punished for! Are you just expecting me to sit there and let it all happen? It’s nothing against Lucy, I just don’t get how Seth skipping off with her was fine and me going to see my girlfriend wasn’t!” I stood there with my eyebrows raised and my mouth open. Was this seriously a thing? These guys were like this because of jealousy and favouritism?

“Can we talk about this later? We’ve got a problem at the moment and it’s not to do with Paige or skipping anywhere!” Roman ordered. “Seth, concentrate on thinking of something to say to Leighla and unless we have a productive, helpful thing to say we shall just not say a word!”

“Just tell her the truth. Let’s not go upsetting anyone else.” I said, defeated.

A faint phone vibration was heard and we all looked over to Seth, who was clutching his phone with shock etched on his face.