🔵 -} Liquid Stardust

hello! enjoy the chapter, friends :)

words: 1887

- - - - - 

The scent of floral arrangements permeated your isolated abode, accompanied by the occasional whiff of aquatic flora. The air was still and warm. Waves lapping against the shore was all you could hear. Midnight had arrived, and the sky was bursting with stunning, luminescent stars against a canvas of velvety blue.

You sat on the porch of the lake house, eating tiny bites of a PB&J here and there. Owls were hooting. Crickets were chirping. Sure, it was nice- but it got lonely! With that in mind, you grabbed your phone and messaged Leo; a friend who was most certainly... different when compared to your others.

For one, he was a tall, green mutant. That was his physical form. Two, he was different when it came to feelings. You discovered that one far back.

"i'm bored. come over," You had texted him. You patiently waited for a response, once again munching on tiny bites of your half-eaten PB&J.

Moments later, your phone buzzed with a reply.

"omw," The turtle replied.

....Okay, cool. What now?

It would be a bit until he arrived, so why not go for a walk around the lake? Get the nervous butterflies out while you still can? The atmosphere was lovely at this time of night. With lighting illuminating the waterways, the trees were visibly thick and green. The gentle breeze was wonderful. It was clearly nice enough, so, why not?

Each barefooted step that you took towards the lake was accompanied with a clean patch of grass, and occasionally, some mud. As you approached the water, those patches of grass became colder. The dew drops from previous mornings had found their way onto your feet.

Venturing further, you found your way to the dock. It was significantly further from the lake house itself, but you could still see your abode from afar. The ripples on the water were like a thousand tiny rain droplets, dancing and twirling as fish and minnows swam through. It really was a sight to behold. Just think; you got this all to yourself. Forever.

Well, maybe you would.

You heard a dull, heavy sound, as if something was falling to the ground. The sound had seemed to come from behind you!

"Is it possible for you to not make a dramatic entrance? At least once?" You turned around and there, right behind you, was the tall turtle you had called for.

"Nope! No can do. I'm afraid it doesn't work that way, hermosa."

Leo leaned against the porch railing, the moonlight casting unique shadows onto his face. His eyes lit up mischievously, and a playful smirk enveloped his mouth. You couldn't help but chuckle at his remark.

"Well, I should've known better. Dramatic entrances are certainly your specialty."

"Pfft, mine? Have you even met Don?" Leo joked.

You laughed, recalling the countless times that Leo's brother, Donnie, had made a dramatic emphasis on his own... theatrical debuts.

"Yeah, that's true. Can't really deny that."

As you both leaned against the docks railing, a comforting silence filled the air. Waves continued to crash against the dock. Although everything was the same as before, having Leo there made it much more enjoyable. You could feel his warmth next to you. It was a much more welcome contrast to the presumably cold waters.