🍀🐢 -} how you met them

this headcanon is for the 2012 turtles !!

🟦- LEO

the sun was just starting to set. hardly any strangers were out. it was that time of the week, and you needed to take your garbage out to the trash bin. a heavy load upon your back, you set out to the giant, smelly recycling bin, where you accidentally find four turtles- three of which had managed to find a hiding spot in time. leo froze in his spot, slowly lifting a hand up to wave.

".....hi?"

🟥 - RAPH

most likely, raph was out again taking some alone time after being pi**ed off by one of his brothers. he was on top of some random apartment, jumping from building to building, which just happened to be yours. out on your balcony, you noticed some weird shadow in the distance. you call out, hoping it isn't anything too dangerous.

nope! just some random turtle in a red mask who talked to you for hours about his issues. you didn't mind it at all- it was nice to be outside for a bit, anyway!

🟪 - DONNIE

donnie was out patrolling by himself- his wooden staff in hand. he, as well, was sitting on top of a random building.

it was a late night. you needed somewhere to study. god, the library was supposed to be a silent place, but recently, it's just been so loud! you take the echoey stairs up to the top of a building where you find the one and only turtle nerd, donatello. after exchanging some unexpected hello's, he was more than happy to help you study.

🟧 - MIKEY

there was an ad in the newspaper about a live cooking competition, right by the sewers! not in them, but in the city, of course. mikey wanted to take a look at it. at the same time, you were walking by as he jumped out of the heavy sewer cover- and you stared awestruck at the new and interesting creature before you. it was a little awkward as you both said you would head separate ways, but both ended up at the same.