💚🐢 - ] how they help during an anxiety/panic attack

trigger warnings for this headcanon:

(a) anxiety

(b) needles

enjoy!!

- - - - - - -

💙- LEO

- you were on the couch with leo, watching a movie of some sort. the couch was huge- comfy. something was on your mind.

-a big meeting for an important work decision was coming up soon. jeez, should you really be this worked up about it? no. you should be spending your life doing something you actually enjoy. not working for so many hours a week and wasting it doing nothing that will actually matter. but, wait, yes! it will lead to your life in the future! this is a *major* decision, and there is no getting out of it, whether you like it or not. you started to space out, staring at a blank spot on the nasty, sewer wall. you couldn't really see the wall. you could see everything around it- but you weren't paying attention. a stern look possessed your face. leo, the blue one in the group, turned to you.

"hey, uh, y/n- why are you staring at that wall?"

no response. only batting eyes to everywhere but him. leo nodded, thinking he understood the current situation. to his surprise, he doesn't really know what to do! at this point, it was easy to register that you were in the middle of an anxiety attack. leonardo scooped you up in a blanket, practically forcing you next to him. he gently massaged down your back, silence filling the room.

- eventually, you told him what was going on. leo assured you that even if something ends up wrong, it won't majorly impact your life the way you think it would. he reminded you that there is always room for redemption and a way to fix or alter the future. besides, in the low chance that something terrible happened, you'd just get to live with them for forever.

"hey! it's a win-win situation either way, right?"

ha-ha, very funny, leo.

💘 - RAPH

- he found you shakily breathing in the laundry room after a long and stressful day at work. again, it was that stupid lady that constantly came in and complained to you about the service. she would harass coworkers right in front of your face, as well as you. to say she cussed a lot was an understatement. your manager did nothing about the situation, and it had finally begun to p-ss you off to the extreme point of a meltdown and anxiety / panic attack.

- raphael only really knows how to ease anxiety whenever it's his own. at first, he offers up something like a punching bag, or working out; after seeing you repeatedly shake your head no, he sits down for a minute and thinks, before slowly deciding to sit down next to you and make you lean your head on his shoulder, hoping and praying that it would calm you down. he feels the breathing on him slow down, and he smiles to himself. hey, he did something to help. he felt good about it.

💜 - DONNIE

- you've tried. you've tried so hard to gain control of your life. you don't seem to be good at any of the things you're interested in. which sucks. seeing people be better at things you like is just... exhausting. in your mind, there's no future if you can't do anything now. everything you try to learn for a possible career, you don't enjoy, and it just falls out of your grasp- *just like that.* graduation is next year. nothing is right. nothing works anymore. increased breathing comes from your chest, and while you're sitting right next to a certain purple turtle, someone seems to notice it.

- donnie turns in his swivel chair. he tilts his head, and noticed glistening eyes bordered with tears and heavy breaths. he knew talking could be a trigger for a meltdown- so, with this, he sat his little project he was working on down and whispered softly to you.

"you don't have to respond, y/n, not at all. but please know i'm here for you when you need it. i don't know what's the matter, and i don't expect you to tell me- but if you need me, or help of any kind; i'm here. i'm here for you."

- the genius handed you a napkin and pen, sliding it towards your way.

"thank you, donnie. :] " you scribbled back, with a little doodle of a heart at the end.

🧡 - MIKEY

- you struggle with anxiety on a daily basis. once again, it has decided to drastically ruin your day. just a few minutes ago, your doctor contacted you about an upcoming blood draw appointment. you felt as if you were on the verge of passing out, being terrified of needles to the core. everything felt like it was going to break into a million pieces. several hours later, you retreated to Michelangelo's room and spoke nothing but pure silence.

- the orange turtle finds you cooped up in a corner a few minutes later. he drops everything he's doing and rushes over to you, immediately by your side. a few chuckles come out of you- god, the only thing you can do in this situation is laugh. it's all you've ever been able to do when faced with something that felt like a near-death problem. mikey runs his hand down your back a couple of times, scratching it. as a result, your emotions are... somewhat eased. he pulls you into one big hug, finally asking the dreaded question.

"What's wrong, y/n?"

That broke you. Finally gathering up the courage to weep into his shoulders, you tell him everything. your fears, why you are so traumatized by the tiny nightmare, and how you feel like you're unable to move. michaelangelo holds you even tighter, whispering and reassuring to you for the rest of the night.

-----

these guys are straight up nightmare material. oh my god. i think i've seen leo and his movie attitude in my nightmares. michael bay what did you do. /j