Connections

The first day of excursion ,we were cooped up inside the inn beacuse of the frequent tremors.
I had to room with a girl named Lena Sinclair , she was an afro korean . For now , I know this much only .

I tried a million times to strike a conversation with her but everything was useless . She despised me like all others .

Today , we were going to Kyoto . From tokyo it takes 2 hours or maybe 3 .
We all assembled outside the inn while Mr Han announced the rules . My eyes searched for Haneul and he was standing right in front . So I had squeeze myself through the crowd to reach him .

"Hey" he looked at me , eyes gleaming with mischief.

"Morning , love" he kisses me on the forehead and I melt at the touch .

"I love this nickname , I think I need one for you too" .

"That would be cute" . My mind searched through names and I stopped at one .

"It's actually quite simple but how about , honey bun" I can't believe my eyes pink tinged his ear tips .
So he too gets shy and I look forward to make him more.

"It's extremely sweet , Vivian" . He squeezed me in a hug .
And we couldn't get more lovey dovey since Mr Han seemed quite irritated .

"Stop being so touchy Feely in public" he looked at me "It's not America Miss Larue" . I immediately stepped away from him.

"PDA is highly restricted in japan" Mrs Risa the guide chimed beside Mr Han.

I raised both my thumbs in the air to show that I got it .
No more embarrassing me now .

Mr Han went with his explanation about rules and regulations, how we need to be friendly towards everyone etc.

"there will be two groups one of boys one of girls . The group of boys will me lead by me and girls will be lead by Mrs Risa" . I glanced at Haneul .

"Don't look so glum , I'll send you pics and text you" I stretched his cheeks trying to make him smile .

"Welp . I'll try to make today our first date . Got it . So be ready whenever I text you" today will be our first date we never talked about it otherwise I would've chosen something better than this ripped denim shorts and nude off shoulder top with lots of ruffles .
I hope I get sometime before he texts for the date .

"I look forward to your texts" I winked at him before leaving with my group .

For today my mission is to become friends with Lena I need to hop on her good side any how . We were at To-ji temple . I clicked a picture of myself a the pond. And sent it to Haneul with the caption 'enjoying my own company'.

I waited for a few seconds but he was offline . I look at others they were noting things down . And face timing some of their project partners and discussing stuff .

I saw Lena sitting beside the pond alone and went to her.

"Hi" I tried to be as cheerful as possible .

She kind of ignored me and rolled eyes. Rude.

"Are you not going to click pictures or write down any info?" She didn't even flinch . "Oh , are you hungry" I took out a Richart chocolate bar and gave one to her .

"Thanks , I was having cramps today" she finally smiled .

"Do you want me to bring you some warm tea or anything? " I asked . There was a vending machine just a few feet away so it isn't really a Hassel.

"No , thank you . Today its really hot at Japan" I nodded agreeing with her .

"Where are your friends ?" I was too curious so I just asked her .