Prologue

The teacher barged into the classroom sweating gasping for breath, "Vivian Larue immediately come with me. It's an Emergency".
All eyes were glued to the girl who knew what was coming her way, she stood and left without meeting any eyes.

The teacher dropped her at the hospital where Vivian found her grandma sitting in the waiting room. Vivian didn't feel like saying anything and sat beside her.
The old lady wrapped her hand with Vivian's and squeezed "Your mother is not going anywhere" she said her voice was Shaky and pointed to her chest with her wrinkly finger " She will always be here with you". Tears started trickling from her jade-green eyes. While Vivian sat there motionless, "Nanna I don't know what to feel . Each day I saw her die slowly now she's taking her last breaths and I don't feel like crying".

Nanna didn't say a word but embraced her granddaughter in her warmest hug.

"Vivian" the hoarse voice came from behind, a middle age Asian man in a black suit stood there his eyes were red and his skin pale. "It's time for the funeral".

She nodded and got up, "I'm taking her home to change and I'll meet you at the cemetery," Nanna said and grabbed her hand.

●●■●●

Everyone stood in front of the grave to pay respect, pitying glances surrounded Vivian and rumours of her father's affair with his secretary went from lip to lip in a subdued tone. Aunt Camilla didn't eat for a day and fainted as soon as she took a look at the body of the dead Cassandra Larue.

She didn't look dead but in a peaceful sleep, she had a serene smile on her lips as if watching the most beautiful dream.

Now the Earth swallowed her, she was going back to where she came from. A place where she'll be much happier. While Vivian knew the struggles she was going to face.
The people criticised the poor girl for not shedding a tear even her father, though. Nanna only knew what she felt.