▪︎ Reunion ▪︎

"I want you to attend Daeil foreign language high school" he ordered.

"No" I calmly said .

"Don't you dare talk back to your father"? He grumbled .

"The father whom I knew was buried the day mom died" I received a slap so hard my lip started bleeding . "You may hit me as much as you want but I've been enrolled in a Sunseonhwa high school"

"Which whose permission?"

"Nanna"

"Who told you we will live in Seoul?"

"None of your concern " I stood up and immediately walked outside that room.

The Korean language wasn't a concern for me since I was taught korean before English.
As I walked on the wooden floor my legs felt weaker and I slumped on the floor crying .
I head footsteps and wiped my face .
"Sis, why are you crying ?" Soyeon asked teary-eyed.

"No it's nothing" I smiled as soon as possible "I just had a quarrel with dad it happens don't worry."

"I heard from my mom that you're having a new mom and your real mom is in heaven."

"You heard right"

"Do you like her"

"Jihyo ?" She nodded.

"I hate her" I made the most disgusted face.

"Same . she was extremely rude to my mom after dinner I don't get the adult stuff but my mom was crying after that"

"I'm sorry" I patted her head .

"Would like to see my room"?

"Is it really okay that your parents might not like me seeing there" I suggested .

"My mom never holds grudges, especially with children" she pulled me on my feet and took to the other side of the building which was a little less traditional and I realised I'd never been there.

She opened the door and I found a pretty woman in front of Me . She had a pixie cut , tanned skin and freckles on face and siren eyes . She was quite the opposite of her daughter who had pale skin , long brown hair, porcelain skin and big doe eyes .
"Hello" I bowed.

"You might be Vivian park Larue" .

"Yes , I am . I would like to apologise for what that woman said" I bowed even lower and felt a hand on my back .

"Children shouldn't apologise for what they're parents do she isn't even your real mother so don't worry" she Said "My daughter seems to have taken a liking towards you I'm happy she's got some friends. " she smiled .

I didn't know what to say I felt this warmth after so many days from someone .
"Come inside while I bring something to eat". She went away.
And soyeon dragged me inside.
"When I was your age I has the same room colour , actually I was obsessed with pink".

"I like pastel colours even my clothes are pastel" she showed off her lilac dress and did a twirl I clapped for her cheering her up.
The door opened which startled me even tiniest sound is alarming me .

"Hello brotherYujunn" I stood to bow , but what was he doing here I thought he was in Germany. "I never knew you came back from Germany".

"Yes I came back"Soyeonn giggled at his sight and threw herself in his arms . I thought all kids adored him since he was one of the most loved brother in the family but when she said papa my jaw dropped.

Seeing my mouth open yujun chuckled "Yes, I'm married" he had put her down .

"But you're just 24" I was 7 years younger than him .

"Yes , when I found the love of my life , so I got married and now i work as a programmer ".

"It's nice actually . but when did you get married "

"5 years ago" Now my jaw was literally on the floor .

"OMG I didn't knew about it and you even had a daughter."

"I'm sorry but your life was kinda messed up and grandpa hates you so I didn't try to reach out."

"Understandable" I crossed my arms "you had her when ?"

"Miyu was pregnant before the wedding" he whispered.

"I'm amazed nobody found out" .

"Keep it a secret please"

I zipped my mouth in air and gave him the key he took the invisible key we both chuckled .

Miyu came with a tray of steaming hot meat buns and tea .

"Thank you " . I said and sat around the table .

"Big sis do you like meat buns or the bread rolls which I gave you?"

"The rolls you Gave " I smiled .

"Soyeon she's your aunt not sister but if you want you can call her big sis " . Yujun said while his mouth was stuffed .

"I prefer to be called big sis I'll feel old if I'm called aunt" I pouted . Everyone laughed .

I was happy that I could be myself with them .

"It's getting late I should sleep " .

■■●■■

I woke up showered , wore my panda onesie proudly and made my entrance outside .

"Why do you try to test my patient?" Grandpa remarked .

I ignored him and he hated it alot but he wouldn't really hit me infront of his other grandchildren since he is a saint .

Soyeon loved my onesie and wanted one for herself so I promised to buy her the same once I get time .

The ceremonies commenced and both the people took their vows , for the first time in life I drank wine it burned a little but couldn't be more delicious . I was isolated from the crowd everyone ate , talked , hugged and clicked pictures while I chugged bottles of wine in a corner .

After a while it was the time for a family photo I decided to run away from here .
I came out into the streets but didn't know where to go and I also felt nauseous .

Thankfully there was a restroom inside the building on a different floor so I managed to reach there ..... and threw up .
I couldn't stand the stench of my mouth I rinsed it but no matter what it won't go away .

Again I came out just to find my uncle on the street , angrily waiting for me .

I dashed in the opposite direction , for the passerby I was a joke right now , but I don't want to be a part of that wretched family.

So I ran and ran until I lost sight of him . My lungs gave up i was gasping for breath .

This time I didn't know where I was since I'd never been here . I wanted to return home but didn't know the way . I took out my phone and someone snatched it .

"Hey" I grumbled , one boy was towering over me he wore all-black jeans and a tee his face was visible he had a scar under his eyes and reeked of beer and cigars . This street was filled with casinos and brothels .
I shouldn't be amazed to find such people here .
He tried to grab me by the waist but I slapped him in the face , he held me by my hair i felt excruciating pain he pinned me against the wall and tried to force himself on me I yelled and screamed but no one came .
I pushed him with all my might and stabbed him with a glass shard .

After my horrifying incident I got an earful from Yujun, yujun went to the police and also got me a new phone.

I couldn't thank him and Miyu enough they helped with so much and did everything under Grandpa's nose amid this wedding .

"I'm so so so sorry Miyu" I couldn't stop apologising but they didn't mind helping me out instead asked me to not get on nerves of anyone and endure while I'm powerless . So I decided to do that . Endure.

"It's kind of sad I won't be seeing you Vivian" . Miyu gave me a rueful smile .

After an hour we were going to Seoul.