☆ Transition ☆

My airport fit was chosen by Minji so that when I land there I look more Korean.

It was a tiny zipper cami top, I wondered if all Asians are flat-chested since the top only covered my chest it was more like a bra. I regretted buying from a Korean website. The second piece of clothing was a black pleated skirt.

I tied my platinum blonde hair in a bun.
And wore a denim jacket so that my grandparents don't glare at me.
Showing a cleavage there was one of the biggest offences.

Asians are usually petite. While I was a little curvy.
With a narrow waist, wide shoulders and a symmetrical face I was so much like my mother that I was damn sure that I won't be able to fit in there I'll be the black sheep.

I went downstairs all the luggage was being carried by the workers and Jihyo came out of my mother's room wearing a scarlet red slit dress it had a plunged v-neckline my jaw was on the fucking floor.
"Do you know you are not going to a strip club but someone's parent's house," I remarked.

She gracefully turned my way " Vivi, I've won your dad's heart and that's enough and I'm not a people pleaser" she scoffed.

"Don't you dare call me that again".

"I hope to be a good mother to you" She tried to pull me in a hug, but I pulled away harshly.
She stared at me angrily after I went inside the car.
I decided to go with the butler instead of Dad and jihyo.

"Vivian we will miss you" mr wilson whispered, "the staff in Korea is as friendlier as here you don't have to stress yourself, you can call us I'll be working for your granny now ."

" I appreciate whatever you did for me and my mother and Uncle Wilson and I'll be glad to visit you at Grandma's whenever possible".

This man was there for me since I was a toddler he was the chief butler at the house the most respected and one of the kindest souls.

Things were falling apart ...

"It's a new beginning kid, outshine your father just like your mother was" he stopped the car and opened the car door for Me.

"Uncle please take care of yourself " he nodded In response.
"I have someone who wants to meet you, kid". Someone came out from the back of the car.

"Minji ......." tears spilled out, and my chest felt so tight "I don't want to leave" I sobbed.

She simply hugged me and I felt at ease "Vivi make this heart of stone otherwise that land will swallow you" I just nodded.
She stepped back and exclaimed, "This fit looks so damn amazing gurl".

I wiped my tears "Thanks but the top is too small so I had to cover up".

"I'll call you every single day" she started rummaging through her purse.

"I'll be waiting " She took out a pendant that seemed like half of a butterfly. I noticed she was wearing the other half.

"It's to remind you that you belong to Minji" She smirked and put it around my neck.

I was startled when I heard my father shout from behind running this precious moment of mine.

Minji just smiled ruefully and went inside the car.

I held on to the last piece which composed my sanity.

■■●■■

It was a torrential downpour when I stepped into Incheon.
I didn't want to share a ride with my dad and Jihyo but I had to cooperate since I don't have Uncle Wilson or any of the staff members whom I know and Grandpa hates it when I act like an American. What does acting like an American even mean?

We bowed when he came into view.
"How's my son's empire doing" he smiled just at my father didn't even bother to notice me standing there. He doesn't care about our well-being or health but the business which he proudly calls the empire well, he has the right to say it since my father only inherited it all from him.

After a chit-chat, he turned to Jihyo. Holy shit , seriously.
"May i ask who is this lovely lady?" He chuckled . He dares to say that without even caring that his wife had just died 2 months ago and all that in front of me.
Just because she wasn't korean doesn't mean you hate her and i look like her it's not my fault .

"She's your future daughter-in-law" my father's hand snaked around her waist .

"It's a pleasure to meet you sir" she bowed .

"Call me dad" he said .

Jihyo's face was flushed. It was her another step towards victory.
She brightly smiled and scooted even closer to my father.
I gaged .

"There was no need for you to come you know , since your grandma wanted the custody" .

"You don't get to tell me where i should be and where i shouldn't . I am my father's blood I have the very right to be here". I raised my voice so loud that my grandpa had to hit with his staff .

It ached so bad , I wanted to cry but i had drawned attention more than it was needed .

As a punishment I was asked to take the bullet train and reach there in this torrential downpour. I had visited Korea 6 years ago so i knew the address. And this punishment was alot more like a gift to me.

I felt so cold I was shivering as soon as i reached inside the train my teeth had stopped chattering .
I wanted to sit so bad but i would only cause discomfort to the other fellow passengers .
As soon as my stop came i rushed to get down when someone grabbed my hand .

I was ready to smack him if he was an Eve teaser.

I turned just to find a boy towering over me he had a mask so i couldn't figure out his features .
He just held my hand there without saying anything until i tried to break away .

"Aren't you cold?" His voice was so charismatic I was so sure that girls at his school were head over heels for him .

"I need to get down on this station . I'm getting late" I wriggled free from his grip .

He silently handed me over his umbrella I was hesitant but he insisted so much that i might die from this rain , i meekly took it and did a 90-degree bow and ran .

God knows how much i walked to reach this fucking house .
I barged inside drenched not caring about the floor , the servants immediately brought me a towel and tea and took me to my room .

My room was the same untouched but freshly painted with the same teal colour , Grandpa's house was a traditional one so we didn't have any beds or couches just tatami mats or wood floor.

The pictures of once happy family hung on the wall and frames on my dressing table .

I gulped down a sob and went inside the bath .
They added lavender and eucalyptus, I needed them the most .
I thought of the boy who gave me the umbrella I wanted to thank him properly since he saved me from catching a cold .

I dressed up In a sweatshirt and a knee-length denim skirt I bought the whole outfit in a sale and I realised that sale outfits are actually good otherwise I wear my clothes handpicked by my governess . She is in the United States and I'm here which means I'll get a new governess . I wasn't happy about it since I could talk alot to her even the tiniest problem and our fashion taste matches alot .
After applying some make-up I went In the dining hall where I found many people I didn't even know half of them . I treaded towards a girl who motioned me to come sit with her .
"Thank you" I whispered .
She just smiled in response, she was 6 or 7 years old and was quite friendly the whole meal. She gave me her favourite bread rolls and candies .
After the meal she took me in the garden.
"You're Vivian right ?" She asked .

"Yes , I am"

"I'm Soyeon" she introduced herself and started playing with my hair . "Your hair are so pretty and you too , you look like Keira Knightley with platinum blonde hair " .

I was so surprised "What , no one has ever said that before but I'm more than glad to be compared to her".
"Do you like Keira Knightley?" I asked .

She almost squealed "I love her , I want to see all her movies . I adore her in period dramas" .

We talked alot under the pale moonlight until I was summoned by my father .