On the edge

I heard a crashing sound and rushed down to the kitchen just to find my father making out with his secretary, he was drunk to even notice I was there, immediately I went to my room and collapsed on the bed.

It's been just 2 months since his wife died and here he's having sex with his secretary not caring he has a daughter at home. For the past 2 months, I've been ignored just like I don't exist during the funeral only it was revealed my father had an affair, to justify himself he simply said he was lonely and craved love. I felt pukish.

I didn't care even if he slept with 30 different bitches but what was worse was that he was going to marry her in Korea. That witch convinced him to shift to Korea since both had their family there and would get married.

This house, this country is the last fragment of memory that reminds me of Mom. I grew up here and have friends and a boyfriend, I no longer craved family love I only needed my friends but they would be all gone now. Fighting him is pointless.

My phone rang, I saw my favourite person had just video-called me I answered.

"Minji you're seriously an angel always there when I feel sad" my eyes started watering.

"Why is my Vivi crying, don't tell me, Zion did say something bad or is it about moving to Korea"

"No Zion is the sweetest boy he would never say something to make me cry " I wiped my tears "My father is inclined on moving to Korea and marrying that woman there. Which means I will not get to see any of you he wouldn't even let me stay with grandma, though grandma wants me to live with her".

"Vivi, it'll be alright" Minji's voice softens " Your father sure is killing you mentally but you have me zion and others. It'll work out in the end. Believe me and Korea isn't all that bad". Minji came to the USA for studies or more clearly she ran from there which made me even more apprehensive "I agree there is this beauty standard thing and bullying due to it and education there is like killing people but there are great sides also" Minji had been bullied before coming here to extreme levels which included burning her, throwing food and sometimes beating her to extend she had to be hospitalized. Just thinking of all that made me shiver "You're quite pretty you know, you have pale skin and you speak fluent Korean so you'll fit in, during vacations I will visit you".

" I love you minji, I don't deserve you"

"By the way, did you break up" pause "with Zion or are thinking of being in a long-distance relationship".

"I'll break up I won't hold him back".

"When. you've been saying this for weeks?"

" this morning for sure "

After chatting more than 2 hours I ended the call.

●●●■●●●

I lay there in the grass beside my buddies.
"Are seriously not gonna give us the details?" Minji sounded annoyed.

"You'll find it boring" I sighed.

Minji and Jenna raised a brow questioning my answer.

"He actually " I paused recollected the pieces and joined them all together " When I went up to him. He seemed ready as if he knew this was coming, I said the thing right away and he just said 'okay ' with a smile." I stressed the word smile.

"Now that's weird, don't tell me he was waiting for this moment so he could make a move at Jenna" Jenna smacked Minji hard in the ribs "I'm stating facts bitch ".

"Stop it guys " I tried to break them away "But Jenna and he would look good I'm not saying out of kindness you were his childhood crush" Jenna turned crimson red and went to the restroom.

"Want an extremely important tip" I perked up "There is gonna be a major cultural difference so be polite with everyone there and fix your short temper."

"Thanks, I'll keep in mind the flight is tomorrow " I took a deep breath "I feel devastated that you'll be at school while I'll be at the airport."

She didn't say anything but hugged me.