Chapter Sixteen

I'm picking you up at 8 tonight. Be ready to go out somewhere casual!

Catalina waited outside a little before 8. She knew that Pedro loved to be early, she didn't want him to wait.

She quickly recognised Pedro's green Mini Cooper pulling up, in front of her. She hopped into the car, putting her seatbelt as she greeted Pedro.

Pedro started the engine, as they both talked about the day that had passed. They arrived to their destination after an hour of a drive, which passed quickly as their conversation flowed easily.

Before stepping out of the car, Pedro pulled on some sunglasses and a hat to wear, in order not to be recognised.

As they arrived in the restaurant, Catalina couldn't stop thinking about how gorgeous it was. The light was set dim, with a few candles everywhere and two or three on each table. The tables had a simple but cute white cloth on each one of them. It wasn't the sort of restaurant you brought a friend to, realising this, Catalina suddenly blushed.

"Hola, we have a reservation for two under the name Gonzalez" Pedro spoke once they arrived at the counter where one of the employees was working at.

"Yes.. the isolated one, right?" The waiter asked, receiving a nod from Pedro "Please follow me"

The two followed behind the waiter, Catalina looking around her as they went to a little table for two. It was slightly isolated from the others. Pedro sat facing Catalina, his back to the other tables.

"This is so cute" Catalina smiled at Pedro "Thank you for inviting me out"

"I hoped you'd like it, there's no one else I'd bring here then you. And for the invitation, I had to! To celebrate your exams" he smiled at her, grabbing her hand over the table.

{_}

They walked out of the restaurant, having a great time and not seeing time pass.

"Thank you so much for inviting me Pedro, tonight was great" Catalina thanked the boy, once they were putting their seatbelts.

"I had a great night too" he said, turning the car on and leaving his parking spot.

Pedro started to drive under the night sky, connecting his phone's Bluetooth to the car. He handed his unlocked phone to Catalina, opened on Spotify for her to choose a song.

"I'm sorry, I didn't see it was so late" Pedro apologised, grabbing Catalina's hand in his when he saw it was past midnight.

"It's no-" before Catalina could finish her sentence she was cut off my big "pang" noise.

Pedro stopped, got out of the car and breathed in heavily when he saw they had a flat tire.

"Catalina... we have a flat rire" he told her, sitting back down on his seat, rubbing his fingers over his temples.

Catalina found herself being attracted by this angry version of Pedro.

"It's okay, my dad taught me how to change a tire" she told him, smiling at him while taking his hand again, rubbing her thumb over his hand.

"Catalina, I don't have a spare tire" he told her

"Is it too late to call someone ?" She questioned him

Pedro nodded, grabbing the steering wheel so hard that his knuckles became white. He let out an angry groan as he he hit his forehead on the steering wheel.

He had wanted this to be a perfect date between them, but it had all been ruined just because of a random unpopulated road.

"It's okay Pedro, we can just sleep here. I've never slept in a car before" she told him

"I'm sorry, there's no one whose going to reply at this hour whether it's a repairer or a friend" he told her, tucking a piece of her hair behind her ears.

"It's okay Pedro; don't worry about it. But, I don't know about you, but I'm tired, so I'm going to sleep now" she told him, descending her seat to make it completely laying down.

Pedro mimicked her mouvement and turned over to look at her, he saw her shivering. She looked at him, as he looked at her. He opened his arms and she got the message. She leaned over the armrest, and tried to get on the seat next to Pedro, but she tripped over her bag that was on the floor, making her fall directly on Pedro's chest.

She moved her foot bringing it onto the drivers side of the car where she and Pedro were. She put her hands onto Pedro's shoulders, pushing herself up, making Pedro and hers faces inches away.

Their faces kept getting closer and closer, their noses touching slightly. A smile plastered on Pedro's face as Catalina focused on his lips. Taking Catalina by surprise, he flipped her so her back was pinned on the drivers seat, making her giggle slightly. One of his elbows holding himself up slightly, Pedro was hoovering over Catalina. Their breaths mixed together. He grabbed her chin with his hand, bringing her face back to his, while he snaked his other hand around her waist, slightly pulling her closer to him. He closed the distance between them.

"Can I kiss you Catalina?" He asked her, receiving a positive hum from her.

Waiting no further, he pushed his lips against hers, her hands reaching up to tug at his hair.

Their lips in sync, they moved as if they were fitted perfectly for each other.

Her hands reaching down to grab the hem of his shirt, pinning him against her, their bodies moving at the same time as they kissed.

As Pedro's kisses got sloppier, he licked her bottom lip, asking access to enter her mouth. Allowing it, their tongues fought for dominance, Catalina pulling more and more on his hair.

Both out of breath, they stopped, taking a moment to breath.

Before Pedro could say anything, he felt her hug him, her head on his shoulders, sliding next to her, they cuddled until they fell asleep.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey guys!

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHH THEY FINALLY KISSED!!

I'm so happy with how this is turning out!

I hope you're all doing great and that you liked this chapter (even though it is one the short side)

Love, Pedriittaa <3