Chapter Five

Opening the car door after parking in the street of the waffle shop, Pedro started to get uneasy. He regretted agreeing to see Catalina, in real life. He had this bad feeling and knew things were going to go downhill. But he couldn't back down now, he didn't want to. She deserved to know the truth.

Arriving in the little park destined for the ice cream and waffle shop clients, he spotted a young woman, sitting on the only wooden bench. He recognised Catalina's long brown locks from behind, as she was sitting her back towards him.

Pedro hesitated, but approached her, his hood still over his head to prevent people from recognising him.

"Hey" he said sitting down, Catalina hadn't lifted her eyes to his just yet, she was on her phone.

She finally lifted her green eyes to his, hearing his voice. Her face at first lit up, but Pedro could see it darkening quickly. He reached to hold her hand.

"Please let me explain" Pedro hurriedly said. Catalina waited for him to continue, gesturing for him to do so. "I- I never meant to do this to you. I wanted a genuine friend, a friend who like me for me, you know? Someone who wasn't there for my fame. When I texted you and you asked if I wanted to be friends without knowing me, I was so happy" Pedro told her, her face had softened up but still had a stern look on it.

"I get that Pedro, or should I say Pedri?" She asked, not letting Pedro answer because she continued "I really do get that, but after a while, you must've known I was genuine, otherwise you wouldn't be here right now. You took me for a fool Pedro, it's been two months that you've been playing me. God, you even took a picture with me, and when I sent it to you, you totally ignored it. You lied about your job too" Catalina exclaimed, quite pissed towards Pedro

"I'm so sorry Catalina! I'm just so sick of all these toxic people in my life, and now I regret lying to you because you are one of the most genuine people I know. I know this is a big ask, but do you think you'll be able to forgive me? I've known you for such a short period of time but I've gotten so attached to you" Pedro pleaded

Catalina, held her temples, feeling a headache kicking in. She was furious, if she hated one thing in life, it was to be treated like a fool. She really liked Pedro, she had even questioned if she liked him as more of a friend, but she thought that was impossible since she had never met him.

"I'm sorry Pedro, but how am I to know you won't lie to me again? That you're not going to make a fool out of me again? That this isn't some sick game you're playing with your friends?" Catalina questioned, getting up from the table.

Pedro grabbed her forearm, getting up from the table too.

"Please Catalina, I don't want to loose the friendship we created, I don't want to loose you" Pedro told her, his eyes staring into hers, with their hands connected.

Catalina's lips had a hint of a smile on the corner of them. He hoped she would forgive his stupidity, he was longing for her to say somethings. Suddenly, Pedro thought she was going to say something, but she didn't. She turned around and left, leaving Pedro alone next to their wooden bench.

{_}

Pedro slammed his front door shut. Storming into the kitchen, opening the glass drawer. He filled himself a glass of water and ice from his fridge. Spilling some of his water as the ice cubes were dripping out of the fridge, he groaned, hitting the fridge door.

Pablo soon entered the kitchen, hearing all the commotion Pedro had done coming back home. Seeing the mood Pedro was in, he decided to lay low and try not to bother his housemate.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Pablo still asked, knowing what Pedro would probably answer but, he just want to make sure. He knew that it would help Pedro if he talked about it.

Pedro didn't reply, but stormed upstairs into his room, and later on his bed. Soon covering himself in the covers and falling into a deep sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Heyyy
I'm so sorry this is another short chapter, I just felt like it was a good place to end (again)

So Pedro and Catalina's meeting didn't go very well. What do you think will happen next?

Don't hesitate to tell me what you think about the story so far!

Love, Pedriittaa <3