Chapter Six

It had been two weeks since Pedro had met Catalina in person. Pedro had sent her a few messages but she never replied to him.

Waking up, Pedro checked his phone to see if she had replied before hopping in the shower. After getting dressed, he ate his breakfast while scrolling through Instagram. He had to do this new photoshoot today that started in half an hour.

After finishing his breakfast, he grabbed his keys and shouted goodbye to Pablo since he was in his shower. When he was sure that Pablo had heard him, he left his appartement.

Arriving to the shoot he is brought directly to his manager's office. Once there, she greeted him with a smile and gestures for him to sit down.

"Hola, how are you doing today Pedro?" Jasmine, his long term manager asked him.

"I'm doing okay, how about you?" Pedro replied politely

"I'm going good. Listen, the old photographer retired, so there is going to be a new one. I hope this won't bother you to much" Jasmine told Pedro

"Not at all, I don't mind" he simply replied

"Great, the shoot will start in one hour so you have all the time to get dressed in your first outfit and then go to the makeup artists" Pedro nodded at Jasmine's instructions and headed out of the office.

In the corridor he saw some familiar brown hair, recognising directly Catalina. She was talking to the young lighting manager, laughing a lot. Pedro felt a pain his chest when he figured out they were flirting with each other.

He decided to walk up to her, since she couldn't ghost in person him like she had done with his messages.

"Hi Catalina" he smiles at her, barely gesturing to the lighting manager.

"Hi Pedro" she smiled at him warmly, the turning to him completely to quickly hug him.

Pedro didn't expect this. She had now ghosted his messages for two whole weeks and now she was greeting him like they were long term friends. That's when he realised that Catalina's body language was clearly uncomfortable when she left his hug. She looked at him with eyes that looked desperate.

He wrapped his arm around her shoulders. Turning to the lighting manager, who was glaring at him with a death stare "So, we're going to head out, I heard that Jessica wanted to talked to Catalina" He looked at Pedro and Catalina, once more, before muttering a sour goodbye.

After a few minutes of walking in silence, Catalina stopped walking and spoke up to Pedro.

"I'm sorry for ghosting you, I had so much these past two weeks and I didn't want to think about what happened. But what you did there, thank you. Thank you so so much " she told him, hugging him.

Pedro was once again surprised but hugged her back quickly. He heard her breathe a bit more heavily, she was taking deep breaths. Pedro pulled out of her hug.

"What's wrong?" Pedro asked her, worried because Catalina had told him how she was not one to be stressed out often or to be affected easily.

"That guy, he's my ex" she told him, her voice cracking as if she was going to cry.

"Oh Catalina, I'm sorry" Pedro told her. He didn't know what to say.

"He won't leave me alone" she rubbed her forehead "Enough about me, what have I missed on your side?" She asked him

"Nothing much, just, you know, I missed you" he said looking into her eyes.

"Oh Pedro, I missed you too"

Pedro smiled, satisfied of her answer. They started walking again and Pedro found out she was going to be his new personal photographer. He was very excited about this because it meant they were going to spend a lot of time together. She started today, which meant they would shoot for Adidas this morning, and then she would take a few pictures while he trained.

{_}

The shoot had just come to an end, Pedro was changing back into the clothes he had come in, and Catalina was storing her camera and other photography essentials back into her bag.

She walked outside, shuttering at Barcelona's cold weather. She quickly grabbed her phone and searched for the Uber app. But before she could order her Uber, she was interrupted by Pedro, who had just came outside too.

"Do you need a lift?" He asked as he stopped next to Catalina.

"Don't worry about it, I'm just about to order an Uber" she told him

"Nonsense, we're going to the same place anyway" he told her, seeing her not convinced he waved his hand, gesturing for her to follow him.

They arrived next to Pedro's green Mini Cooper, Pedro's most previous charm. He loved his car a lot, since it had been a gift he'd received from his parents when he first got his license.

"Wow, you have a nice car" Catalina admired it, hopping into the passenger seat next to Pedro

{_}

Arriving at the training grounds, Catalina felt nervous, she really needed this job. She had let lots of gigs go to be fully available for it so she pressured herself into doing the best she could.

As they arrived on the field, someone ran straight to Pedro. Catalina soon recognised the individual as Pablo Gavira, a famous midfielder.

"Hey Pedro, hey.." his voice trailed off as he tried remembering her name, Catalina was about to say it, but Pablo remembered in time "hey Catalina, I'm Pablo" he spoke

Catalina was confused as how Pablo knew her name but didn't question it to much, putting her fangirl mind out of the way.

"Hi, it's nice to meet you" Catalina said as she stood awkwardly between the two best friends. "I'm going to go unpack my stuff, I'll see you guys later" she told them, breaking the silence.

They both waved to her as she left to the edge of the field, setting up her camera.

"She's even prettier then I remembered, good for you Pedro" Pablo said, a chuckle escaping his mouth at the end

"It's not about that Pablo, I really like who she is, what she looks like is just a plus. I'm not that kind of guy." Pedro shrugged

"I know I know, I'm just teasing you" Pablo laughed as he place his hand on Pedro's shoulder

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sorry, it's been a few days since I've updated! I hope you like this chapter
Love, Pedriittaa <3