Chapter 48

Y/n was now seen in his cell with his eyes closed as his cellmate was next him bloodied and beaten himself... it was no other than Jinbe.

Jinbe:" I can't even scratch myself......." he said.

Y/n:" Looks like they gave you a good beating...... Jinbe..." he said as he was panting.

Jinbe:" It's not my flesh that hurts. It's my heart, Y/n.... Because I'm not able to do what's right!" he said.

Y/n:" Jinbe....."

Jinbe:" I can't die yet! I don't care if I'm One of the Seven Warlords of the Sea! That means nothing to me, but I'd gladly give my life..... to stop this war! To the Government.... I'm a Rebel who hates other rebels. But you guys were different." he said with a serious tone.

Y/n:" A Revolutionary Army hater? You?" he asked in amusement.

Jinbe:" It might seem strange to you, Y/n..... I had visited the Boss's ships many times.... But because of my position, I had to be discreet and do everything underwater...... I liked you guys...." he said with a calm smile.

Y/n:" Heh........... Lubbock would've loved to hear you say that......." he said with a broken smile on his face.

Jinbe:"...................... He was good man, ally and brother........... too good for this wretched world....... The reason why Fish-Man Island is at peace right now.... is because of Najenda... All the Pirates who sail to the Grand Line eventually have to pass Fish-Man Island. When the Great Age of Pirates began, the island was ravaged. It had been overwhelmed by hordes of Human Pirates and Empire forces pursuing them. A Great many Fish-Men and mermaid had been captured and sold off. Everyone was in despair. Then she arrived. I'll never forget that day.... With One Sentence, she ended the plundering of Fish-Man Island Forever. Now that's power. And she wants to protect many other Islands as well. The Government must know what will happen if she's ever killed. I wanted to stop this battle even if it killed me!" he said.

Y/n:" Stop it, Jinbe. You're only making me feel worse.... I wanted to save you.... Not this." he said feeling shame for having lost his battle against Budo.

Jinbe:" I haven't given up hope yet, lad. I've always believed in.... Miracles and Luck." he told to Y/n trying to cheer him up.

Then someone started talking amused by this turns of events. He is a tall man 8'4" with a wide chest, broad shoulders, muscular arms and legs, and a thick neck. He has pale skin and nape-length black hair, which is kept neatly slicked back, though strands tend to fall in front of his face during battles. He has various battle wounds, most notably a long-stitched scar at the bridge of his nose that stretches across his face and a large hook made from a tough gold alloy in place of his left hand. His eyes are deep-set and heavy-lidded, and his thin eyebrows are characteristically drawn upward in the middle. This gives his usual facial expression a feeling of condescension and distrust. He speaks with a deep, relaxed voice, and he is usually seen smoking a thick cigar produced by his company. His skin is somewhat of a grayish color.